Chapter 31: Unbelievable Events

Why did it have to be him, why not me?! I had left my friends at the cost of one of them dying. I had no hope. He was dying as I cried. (Ugh, so romantic, so weird, and so sad). I seriously suck at predicting the future, because the next part made me want to thank God personally. (Or did it? Curveball!)
Skylar had changed into a tiger, and I hadn't noticed somehow. I was crying into a tiger. How in the bloody hell did I not notice someone had just changed into a tiger in front of me as he was dying?! My group stepped back and stared at the scene of a teen girl crying on a tiger. Nobody knew what to do. When I didn't feel his chest rising and falling, I looked up and fell on my back. I had forgotten he could do that.
The tiger slowly breathed and stood up slowly with blood stained fur. I was terrified. It seemed more like a wild tiger and not Skylar. Was this what happened when one of us died, another form takes over? I started backing up on my hands and feet, my face stained with tears. It growled and my friends behind me changed into their land forms. I couldn't do it. I was too scared.
A ton of armed men with guns and nets and cages ran in from behind. They saw the tiger and other animals and leaped into action. It kind of looked like an animal war, so I could see how the people would attack.
As the men advanced, my friends turned and growled and roared and screeched or whatever noises each of their forms made. When the men were almost on them, they were stopped. A mob of people had blocked the way between us and animal control. I didn't know it then, but the group of people had seen the broadcast of how animals and people were treated there and wanted it to stop.
The tiger had shapeshifted back into Skylar. He hadn't died, but he was dazed and weak, as well as covered in blood. I ran over and caught him before he fell. It seemed the wounds had healed a bit and stopped the bleeding. I helped him stand up. My friends changed back and ran over as the people stopped animal control from getting us.
"Skylar!!!" I yelled in happiness. "You're alive!" I was crying tears of joy and looking at his face. He didn't show any emotion, not one bit. "Skylar?" I asked. "You...okay?" He stood at least four inches over me. I hated being only 5' 2". He looked down at me with a blank stare. My friends just stared back, wondering what was going on. The people behind us didn't pay one bit of attention towards us. It felt good but it usually meant something bad.
     I looked at Skylar with a worried look. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Is something wrong?" He didn't move or blink. Even though he had brown eyes, they look black sometimes. I was about to cry before he finally made a move that I wouldn't have guessed in a million years. Did you guess it?
     He hugged me tight. I was so relieved. "Please don't do that to me again," I whispered to him. He still didn't talk. He pulled back, then the most unbelievable event of all time happened. Take a few seconds to guess. You got your guess? Now let's see if you were right.
     He kissed me.