Chapter 8: Pursued

I was out of there faster than I expected. I surprised myself when I found out I was standing outside the terrifying building. I was thinking about their attempt to capture me and if everyone knew about our powers. Like anyone would find out our powers unless they stalk us and somehow don't end up being killed. I completely forgot about the video camera guy as I was walking across the street.
'Where are all the cars?' I wondered. 'They are usually moving all the time.' It was very unnatural. Something was wrong. And I was determined to find out what. But I had to get home and let my friends know I was okay. I didn't know what to do first. Wait, what if this empty road is because of supernatural activity?...That question changed my mind. I had to go see what this was all about. I changed into a wolf and sprinted towards the central tower in the city.
     I didn't realize there was one person on that street. It was the camera guy, watching me and recording everything that happened since I left the building with a new camera.
     I sprinted as fast as I could go. It didn't take long to reach the center of the city. I hid by an alley in case people were around or in houses were watching. I changed back and stayed in the alley. I looked around for any mysterious behavior. This is where it got interesting.
     That camera guy needs to improve his skills. I sensed someone behind me. I didn't react immediately. I stayed still. Then I turned while jumping towards him. He was right behind me, recording and dressed in black to blend in with the shadows. I pinned him down and glared.
     The look of terror on his face made me smirk. I still stared him down. He wasn't moving. The camera was gone. It was probably dropped and destroyed. I knew I had to get what I wanted out of this guy.
     "Why were you stalking me?!" I yelled in his face. "How dare you follow me and record everything?! ANSWER ME!!!"
     He didn't move, nor say a word. He wasn't cooperating with me, and I hated that. I got back to yelling in his face.
     "Answer my question, you little bastard! I want answers NOW! Tell me why you recorded what I was doing for who knows how long or I will KILL YOU! And judging by what you've recorded, I'm guessing you know a lot. So. Answer. Me. Now. Or. Die. Your choice, or I will make it my choice in a few seconds."
     He was shaking with fear. I knew he was about to give me whatever I wanted. A 20 some year old man, being threatened by a 15 year old girl was unnatural. He never would've guessed that I would've caught him and threatened him to death.
     "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, okay? I was doing it for science! I was watching the tape of you escaping and changing or whatever. Yes I know everything! I needed to do it so I could get fame and money and we could make so many new discoveries! I was-"
     "SHUT UP WITH YOUR LITTLE SORRY ACT!!!" I screamed. "I can't BELIEVE a grown man would stalk a teenager for RICHES! That is disgusting and worthless!" I didn't realize people were forming a crowd in the front and back of the alley, trapping us. "Seriously! Just because I'm a supernatural being doesn't mean you should try to trap me and put me in a cage for dissecting and experimenting on for YOUR OWN GOOD!!!" Right when I said 'supernatural', people got their phones out to record it and take pictures. I didn't notice it because I was screaming my head off at this guy. "I can't believe that you would be so DESPICABLE to STALK me and try to CAPTURE ME!!!" Right then, I changed into a wolf and growled menacingly. That's when my world turned upside down.
     I smelled everyone around me. They recorded it all. They had me on video and had me surrounded.