Chapter 10: She's Missing?!

"Umm...where do we go?" asked Alecia.
Miranda snapped back, "Oh, I thought the leader knew everything, huh?"
"Shut your trap, both of you," said Dylan. "Nobody knows where to go, got it? Very likely, not even Sylvia would know! New places can't be known in a second. So, shut up, and let's search."
Skylar jumped in the conversation that was a fight a second ago. "But what if she's dead, and then they capture us and we all end up dead..." He trailed off at the last part with some fear, mostly fear for Sylvia.
"I would rather all of us be dead rather than just one or two of us!" Alecia said, "It wouldn't be fair that one of dies because they couldn't be saved by their friends!"
"Let's. Just. Go." Skylar said in an angry tone. He was done delaying the search. That ended the conversation. The group went in and started looking around all the hallways. There weren't any guards watching, so going in the building was easy. Then came the hard part.
"There are so many doors and so many hallways!" yelled Miranda, "Which one could she be in?"
"Should we split up?" asked Alecia.
"Whoever wants to find Sylvia, split up and looks in different doors. If you find her, yell gold, and if you're trapped, yell code red, got it?" Dylan said.
Right when he finished talking, everyone went in different directions looking for places to go in. It took about an hour of searching to finish finding all the rooms. First, Alecia and Dylan found each other, then Miranda, and finally Skylar. They searched all the rooms. The group walked back through the maze of hallways and doors.
"So nobody found anything?" asked Skylar nervously.
"What do you think? We don't have Sylvia, and nobody shouted anything."
"Let's go search the garage!" exclaimed Miranda, "Maybe they left her in there!"
They went to search the garage, but they were stopped by a guard who finally took his post at the front desk.
"Hey, you kids shouldn't be in here!" My group didn't want to put up with his attitude with Sylvia missing, so they just turned and glared. The guard took out his gun. They. Went. Crazy! They turned into their land forms and attacked him. He was knocked unconscious, so after a few scratches and hits, they left him there and changed back. They searched the garage soon after and found nothing. They didn't know what to do.
They were stupid like me. They didn't see the security camera that pointed at the front desk, watching and recording everything that happened.