Chapter 30: Bloody Battles

The gun shots hadn't knocked him down, but they got him good. Skylar recoiled and held his chest with his good arm. Alecia went over to help him while Miranda and Dylan went insane. They changed into a gorilla and lynx and charged at full speed to kill him. The man aimed his gun and pulled the trigger, but he had run out of bullets (thank god). They clawed his face, they kicked and scratched. My friends made sure to give him a painful experience he would never forget, if he survived.
     Alecia didn't know what to do to help Skylar. None of us had ever been shot, and definitely not like this. He was bleeding badly from his chest and arm. Alexia helped him lay down. The gunshots must have gotten some people's attention, as a few doctors ran out to see the bloody mess. When they approached, Alecia changed into a lioness and roared at them, which made them run away. No matter how bad it was, she wasn't going to let humans touch him, especially doctors.
     She changed back and started using her clothes to clean the blood. The clothes didn't help much. The blood just kept flowing. Eventually, Dylan and Miranda came over to help, leaving the man they had killed in a corner bleeding lifelessly. They carried him out of animal control and got him to an empty parking lot. Dylan ran to find more things to absorb the blood, while the others stayed to continue to hold back the blood.
     Dylan came back after a minute or two with a ton of old clothes. It looked like he robbed a laundromat or something. They started using all the clothes to keep the blood from getting out all over the place. Miranda took out the bullets, which caused even more blood to flow. Skylar moaned and didn't move.
     "Rhino bullets," said Miranda. "I remember hearing about them not long ago."
"And what exactly can rhino bullets do?" asked Dylan.
"From what I remember, they can cause catastrophic wounds and...instant death."
"Then we don't have much time! What else can we do?!" yelled Alecia.
"Not much," said Miranda. "The best hope we have is keeping the blood at bay."
They started putting pressure on the wounds, which caused Skylar to moan weakly. The blood was slowing down, but Skylar's face was getting paler by the second. Right then, I had been running past them towards the animal shelter, when Alecia screamed, "SYLVIA!!!"
I saw Alecia, blood, and my group covered in it, and I ran over. Then I saw Skylar, bleeding to death.
"He was shot," sobbed Miranda. "A man shot him when we escaped the cages."
I immediately started helping hold back the blood. We had wasted most of the clothes, which were now soaked in blood. Skylar's brown-black eyes were barely open. I couldn't help doing what I did next.
     I cried over his chest, which was still flowing with blood. It bled onto my face and arms as I cried with almost no hope. I had left my friends, which caused one of them to be shot and bleed to death. I cried as he died. I just cried.