Chapter 28: ANOTHER Escape

The man stared them down. Nobody dared to move. The scars on his face made him even more menacing than he was. My friends were a bit confused on who he was at first, but eventually they learned.
     "How. Did. You. Guys. Escape?!" He had to take a gasp of air on each word. He was already worn out from his fight with me. Now he had to deal with four others that were exactly like me, but also so different.
      Alecia, confused, said, "Uhh, we don't know you, and we didn't escape. We were just...leaving, that's all." She was trying to make it seem like they were normal people leaving the building, but the man knew exactly who they were.
"You. Guys. Are. Those. Shapeshifting. Freaks!" he yelled with almost no breath left. He let his arms drop. "I know. That you. Guys. Are. The. Shapeshifters. You won't. Escape. Me!" His black eyes glared at them, then he ran at them. My group had a few seconds to think of what to do. It took less than that to know. They stood still and let him run. Right before he could make contact, they split apart and let him run through. Right after that, they ran at him. He was dazed from what had just happened, so it was pretty easy.
I swear, when I fought him, it was easy. Wasn't so easy for my friends as I hoped. They went in for a few punches, hoping they wouldn't have to use their powers. He eventually sprang up and went full fury on Miranda, who was closest. The man pinned her down and punched her. He ignored my friends, who were trying to save her.
"What are you gonna do now, little girl?" he snarled. She didn't respond. She shapeshifted into a gorilla and pushed him back, then changed back.
"What are you going to do now?" she snapped back. They started to enclose on him. He was against a wall, with no doors or other exits to escape. As they got closer, he started to laugh. This confused my friends. He laughed louder. And louder. And soon it was an evil laugh that boomed through the halls. I was surprised nobody looked to see what it was.
I have no idea why he didn't do this next part to me instead. Why not me?! He pulled out a gun, and aimed it at the closest person, who was Skylar. Skylar didn't care about the gun, he just wanted to save his friends. The gun just made him go crazy. He ran at him, then the unbelievable thing happened.
The black eyed man pulled the trigger 3 times, and 3 bullets shot out at high speed, one missing, one hitting him in his right arm, and the final hitting his chest, dead center.