CHAPTER 20

Cassy arrived at the destination after a hour drive,moving away from the city.Sally parked her car near mike's car in an old abandoned building.Mike and the others were waiting for them.

"Hey " Mike greeted them with a smile,and so did the others."Sally told me what happened last night,cass,i am happy that nothing happened to you,but it was stupid of you to go in that situation alone without your gun or back up."

Cassy let out a sigh "I know", she murmured,"I was bit confident i could take them all"

"You mean you were overconfident"Emmanuel smirked "Typical cassy , a girl with a big head" he said smiling.

Cassy gave him a playful punch "Not big as yours moron" she said "So where is the meeting going to happen"

Mike answered "At an abandoned warehouse a few buildings back from this building, but we can get a good view from the third floor,so lets go" he said.

They all nodded their heads and walked into the building following mike.The equipments were already set up in there including binoculars and a recording camera which can focus long distances,courtesy of the FBI.The place was already staked by joseph and emmanuel placing as much microphones in the area so they could hear their conversations and be recorded.

They all waited patiently for the rodriguez and the columbian cartel to arrive.Cassy was nervous her wolf feeling uneasy,making her feel guilty,she wanted to make gabriel to trust her but now she felt as if she was betraying him by spying.No i am not spying or betraying him she thought to herself i am just doing my job.But why are you feeling guilty then her wolf whined,we should warn him,her wolf said.

Her thoughts were interrupted by mike "Guys i forgot to tell you something" he said.

Everyone looked at him and nodded their heads "You all know my house was arsoned right."

Again they all nodded ,cassy's heart pounded she knew it was gabriel's doing,did they find evidence against him,she became nervous again.She hated herself now she couldnt be truthful to her job and as well as her mate,it was slowly eating her up inside.What should she do ,to which part of her life she should give importance now,yes she wanted gabriel,but at the same time she didnt want to quit her job she loved.

"Well" mike continued again "the insurance paid me 1 million dollars for the house" he said in a monotone voice.

Sally and the others gasped "Arent you happy about it ,mike,you are a millionaire "emmanuel teased.

Mike gave a vague smile "I am happy i got a big load of money,but" he hesitated for a moment.

"But what mike" sally persuaded.

"I dont remember insuring my house in the first place" mike said scratching his head.

At once a smile littered on cassy's face Gabriel her wolf whispered.She knew at once it was gabriel's doing again.Now again confusing her,why would he burn the house and pay him such a load of money.Her mate of hers was too complicated she thought.

"So did you find a new house" joseph asked him.

"Yeah but that is the weirdest part" he said.

Sally let out a sigh "Why mike "

"Because in the whole of miami there was only one house available for me to buy,and no one even gave me a rented appartment or flat.It was like as if they were previously informed not to give me a house or something.Is it even possible"

Everyone gave a weird look at mike,was it even possible cassy wondered,but why that particular house."Where is the house situated mike " cassy asked.

"Two buildings away from the rodriguez compound " he said.

Thoughts flooded into cassy's mind she was putting all the broken pieces together,why,she thought,and then it dawned to her maybe ,may be gabriel knew mike and his daughter would be in danger,and he also knew mike would never get gabriel's help,he was adamant and have too much pride.Thats why he must have burnt the house ,so he could forcefully make him to move,and where other place is the most safest place other than being near the rodriguez compund where he could be easily protected by Gabe.

There was a small smile on cassy's lips,ofcourse it is only a theory,she cannot prove it but she had a feeling that this was the truth,her instincts told her that her mate had done it to protect mike and his daughter.Her wolf agreed to her thoughts her mate though mysterious would never harm an innocent life,i believe in him,i believe our mate is a good person she said.

"They are here" joseph called out to them,breaking her thoughts.

Cassy stood up and walked to the window with her binoculours to see two cars parking at the entrance on each side and men getting down from the four vehicles.

She saw samuel rodriguez,the chop shop brothers and finally gabriel followed by cecille and caeser getting down from their cars on one side,AND Santiago,the colombian cartel drug lord getting down with carlos his right hand man with another 4 men behind them on the other side.

................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys ,

hope u like the chapter,people and special thanks to loveromance,and natsu for helping me with the names and thanks for emily and stacey for their valuable comments :-) that meant a lot to me.Please vote and comment,and again next chapter i am going to do something unexpected again muahahahaah :-).

                                                    with tons of love,

                                                                                        Deepak