CHAPTER 17

Cassy stood there registering the words that came out from mike's mouth.Some one had burnt his house,and there was a high possibility that it was gabriel's doing.She heard him speak on the phone.He ordered the arsoning,but was it mike's house he ordered them to burn.But why,why would he do that.He helped mike ,treating his daughter,killing the ones who were responsible for hurting her and he didnt expect anything in return.

He would protect mike and his daughter,wouldnt he that is what cassy thought,she wanted to believe that,she wanted to believe her mate was a good person by heart,but this,this was something hard for her to understand.He protects them,avenge for them and now arson their house,he is so complicated.These thoughts were driving her insane.

"Hey mike did they find out who did it".

"No not yet cassy.I am going there now".

"Oh ,ok mike ,i am leaving now too,just keep me informed,will you."

"yeah sure cassy" he said with a smile and started walking towards the stairs.

"And mike." cassy called out to him.Mike turned his head to see her."Please be careful"she said.Mike nodded his head and started walking again.

Cassy walked to her car and drove away,she wanted to clear her head ,she didnt want to go home,and be isolated and drown in her thoughts.She decided to drive,to feel the cold breeze rush her on her face.

She drove around aimlessly,trying to forget everything that had bothered her,she didnt know how long she was on the road,that is when she heard a sharp muffled cry of a girl coming down from an alley.

Cassy stopped her car in the nearby pavement.she looked for her gun,and then realised she left her gun and badge in her flat.She was in a hurry to inform her mate from the impending danger that she totally forgot about her weapon.She again heard the cry of the girl.Casey got out from her car,no way she was going to abandon the girl.

She ran towards the dark alley and at the end she could see 6 men surrounding a girl of about 18 years ,laughing and pushing her down to the floor.

"Dont hurt her you morons,Hayden doesnt like his girls scratched".one of the guys spoke.

Cassy sniffed the air and she sensed 2 shifters among those men.But how could that be possible ,shifter and men working together,unless they are rogues.They must be like gabriel working independantly and hayden,he must be their ring leader.

As cassy walked towards them the two shifters turned back sniffing the air.

"What do we have here" one of the shifters spoke as they turned their heads looking at her."A real beauty,i think she will make a fine addition to hayden's collection."he said smiling elbowing the other shifter.

"Dont get cocky jin she is a shifter too".the other one said.

"Just give me the girl and walk out of here and i promise i wont hurt you stupid mutts" cassy spoke looking at the unconscious girl.

"Ah this one is feisty ,hayden would sure enjoy her ,he loves to tame these type of girls"jin spoke smiling."Go get her boys"

The four men slowly walked toward her cracking their knuckles.Cassy let out a smile,yup that is what she really wanted now,she wanted to kick the shit of someone to cool herself down,to relieve her stress and thoughts.

The guys took out a syringe filled with a red coloured fluid.They holded it as if it was some kind of a weapon.What was it she didnt know,but her instinct told her that she should avoid getting pricked at ant cost.

One of the guys launched at her with the syringe in his right hand going towards her shoulder.Too slow cassy grinned she slided to her side suddenly catching hold of the guys right arm and using her shifter strength ,she twisted his arm listening to the breaking bones and the cry of the guy.She gave another blow to the guys stomach using her knee and saw blood spraying from his mouth.He slowly collapsed to the ground holding his stomach panting for air.

The other three looked at her surprised ,but they all immediately took a defensive stance surrounding her.The guy at her back launched at her trying to grab her,but cassy used her leg to give a back kick to his groin .She could hear the painful cry of the guy as she heard his body fall to the ground.She immediately ducked and send a blow to the guy who was standing in front of her to his neck,letting him stand there in shock gasping for air.

Now cassy turned towards the final guy who was standing there frozen.His mind couldnt register what had happened now,everything happened in a fraction of seconds.His fellow mates on the floor beaten by this woman who moved very fast and every hit made crucial.Before he could move a muscle cassy lunged infront of him as her fist connected his nose making him stagger down,with his nose bleeding and shocked.

Cassy gave a smile looking at those who had tried to attack her.But she knew that they were only humans the real threat were the shifters who were there standing looking at her with an amused expression.

Cassy turned her attention towards them,she knew if they shift into wolf form ,then she would also have to shift.But taking down two grown rogues would be difficult,but now she was already knee deep she couldnt and wouldnt back down now.She wouldnt let an innocent girl at the mercy of these rogues.She would do all she can to save her.

Cassy suddenly felt a stinging pain in her shoulder.Her hand automatically went to the place where it stung like a reflex.She took out a tranquilizer dart ,from her shoulder ,which had punctured her skin.

She turned to see two more men walking towards her from the entrance of the alley,and one of them carried a tranquiliser gun.They had a  smell of shifter in them.Her head became heavy and spinning,her wolf didnt respond to her call.Her legs began to turn like jelly as she fell to the ground.She could see the four shifters walking towards her with a big smile on their faces.They knew they had won and she couldnt fight them.Those sneaky bastards she thought.

Damn it she thought,she tried to move her limbs but it didnt respond.She knew crying out for help was a waste,because someone would have already been there if they had heard the commotion going down.That is it,she thought,she is going to end up as a sex toy for some sick bastard.What will happen to her.Her thoughts drifted to gabriel,her mate,the man she loved ,but still feared to tell him how she feels,the mysterious guy always making her wonder whether he was a good or a bad person.

But it didnt matter now would it ,she had no idea what these rogues where going to do to her when they finish with her.She just wanted to see gabriel again,one more time and may be confess her love for him,tell him that she could be trusted and she would do anything to protect him.But it was too late.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Hello people,

                        hope you guys like it,hahahaha by now you guys know i think and write differently and so ,no gabriel isnt coming to rescue her.If you want to find out what is going to happen to cassy you know the drill 25 votes and your chapter will be posted.

                          special thanks to jai and shruthi ,the guys supporting me with their votes and comments.thanks a lot guys.

                                                                with loads of love

                                                                                         deepak