CHAPTER 13

Cassy stood there shocked,did she hear it right,did she hear gabriel taking care of mike's medical bills.But why ,why would he do that,was mike a mole,did he rat himself to the rodriguez.How is that possible the day cassy walked into the miami police department she verified every file of the police working in the department.

Mike records were the most impressive one, he was straight like an arrow,may be he changed now,his wife died of cancer a few months back and now he must have no money to take care of his daughter.That must be it sometimes people do desperate things during desperate times.

She slowly walked towards the direction where mike was,she wanted to confront him then and there.She wanted to look at the man and talk to him before charging him of treason.While she walked she saw mike and a doctor coming out of a room and walk in the opposite direction.She followed them but seeing them go into the doctor's room made her stop.

She cannot confront him there,she will have to wait.She decided to wait in the room from where he came,she turned too see a board with a name miss clarence.Cassy opened the door slowly not to startle mike's daughter and walked in to the room.

Cassy gasped at the young girl in front of her.The girls face was completely disfigured,stiches and bruises all over her face.Cast rendering her left upper limb immovable.She was connected with iv tubes and monitors beeping.The sight of the poor girl was pure horror to her eyes.What the hell happened to her was cassy's thought.

She slowly walked towards the chair and sat beside the girl who was unconscious.Cassy wanted answers,and yes she was determined to get it.She waited patiently for mike to come in.

After half an hour mike walked into the room stunned at the sight of cassy sitting beside his daughter.His expressions went shock,to anger  and then to despair.Cassy got up from her chair and gave a sign to mike to follow her.He nodded and slowly foolowed her to the hospital cafeteria.Both took a mug of coffee and sat at a corner table where they wouldnt be disturbed.

Before mike could start,cassy stopped him "I heard the doctor mike,about gabriel paying the bills ,so dont lie to me about anything mike ,just tell me the truth and i wont judge you for it."

Mike gave a weak smile,then he slowly cleared his throat "you know my wife passed a few months back due to cancer,right"

Cassy nodded her head looking into his eyes whether to know he was lying or telling her the truth.A skill taught in the Fbi to study body language whether to guess the accused spoked the truth or not.

Mike continued,"after margaret died my only family was our beautiful child clarence."he said,as a tear spilled from his eyes."Clarence was like her mother strong,independant and she got the stubborness from me.After her mother's death she wanted to go to college in new york,she wanted to forget the pain by being independant there than to be here looking at my sad mopped up face."He said with a small chukcle.

"She was a beautiful girl ,you know only 19 years,when she left home.After a few months he found a boyfriend named Jude,he was a good kid,and everything went fine.One day those two decided to go to a party arranged by their friend in a private villa and ,in the party there were some guys who tried to harrass her.So clarence and jude walked away from the party to be polite and decided to walk alone in the garden away from the party."

"The guys from the party had followed them to the garden and tried to get their way with her.Jude interferred but the boy was stabbed to  death.Then those bastards had their way with my daughter and beat the hell out of her as she fought back."He cried.

Cassy always saw mike as a confident strong man,now she saw a heart broken father ,she could feel the pain the poor man felt.Her wolf was getting restless as anger slowly brewed in her.She would not let those bastards get away she wanted to help him,she will make them pay.

Mike again cleared his throat "They found her and the boy two hours later.They pronounced jude dead immediately and my daughter as you could see ,her facial bones broken,six ribs cracked,her arm broken and worst of all one of her spine got dislocated compressing her spinal chord.Now she is quadriplegic.She cannot move or feel any thing in her arms and legs.Her pain in the face alone was unbearable that she is in pain killers constantly.When i saw her in the hospital."he stopped ,while more tears trickled and he was controlling his emotions.

He again cleared his throat and wiped the stray tears and continued"She needed surgery and it costed a lot,so i had only one option i decided to sell my house."

Now cassy was surprised she didnt expect that,she expected him going to gabriel for help.Her curiousity reeked higher now "so how does gabriel come into all of this."she asked.

"I was in new york when i asked a friend of mine to sell my house and fast,it happens that people who provide fast money worked for gabriel.He somehow came to know about what happened and why i had to sell the house.By now you should know a little about gabriel,he keeps track of everyone and everything around their lives."

Cassy nodded her head ,her thoughts at once going towards her mate."so you mortgaged the house to gabriel and that is why he is giving the money."cassy said it with realisation.

"NO" mike said.

Cassy looked surprised even more "what do you mean by no,i am sorry is there more to the story."

Mike nodded "After i asked my friend to sell the house,it had been two days with no progress and i was running out of funds.That is when a group of doctors and a famous spine surgeon contacted me ,they offered me free treatment in this hospital and surgery,without any catch.I was desperate so i agreed ,i only thought abought my daughter and they immediately shifted her here.Only after a few days later i came to know about gabriels involvement in this.I had no idea and still have no idea why he was helping me,they even dont accept my money,nor there are any buyers to my house.Do you know the worst part,he hasnt even talked to me about it or asked any favours for it."

Cassy gave a small smile her mate was different,mysterious but something came out from this talk he was a good man,not a hard core criminal or real bad ass.She came back to reality "it must have cost him a lot of money to help you."she said.

"That i am not sure though i came to later that he owns this hospital."mike said.

Cassy jaw dropped down in surprise "he what,he owns this hospital."she screeched.

Mike nodded his head and gave a smile" the exact same reaction i had when i came to know that too."

"Who were those bastards who did it to your daughter ,where they arrested?".

Mike body tensed for a minute his eyes had absolute anger"Two of them where arrested and two werent,the court released them claiming them innocent."

"But how,why would they"cassy asked.

Mike stiffened again "because one of them was the son of the senator Roger williams and other was son of the FBI chief of organised crime George derris." mike said without emotion.

"WHAT" was the only thing cassy could mutter.