CHAPTER 16

Cassy reached her apartment with a throbbing headache,she took an aspirin and gulped a bottle of water before she crashed into her bed.She was too tired think straight,the things that happened in the past 24 hours was too much for her to take.She wanted to put her mind at ease before making any major decisions.

Cassy woke up in a familiar italian restaurant where she was surrounded by mike and her team.On the far corner was gabriel ,caeser and cecille sitting in the restaurant like on that day she had first met him.She heard the sound of tyres screeching and before she could screem bullets were sprayed into the restaurant penetrating the body of gabriel as he slowly fell to the ground covered in blood.

Cassy's chest constricted in pain as she screamed before falling down to the floor from her bed,with tears in her eyes panting for breath.Only then she realised it was just a nightmare.She looked around ,she was still in her room and the clocked showed it was 7 pm.For a second she thought she had lost him,lost the man whom she was slowly falling in love with.

She had to warn him ,that his life was in danger,that her chief and the senator was plotting against him,to get rid of him.But how was she going to find him,or convey the message.Her face lit up with a thought,veronica she muttered ,yes she can go to the hospital may be gabriel or any of his friends would be there,if not she can ask veronica to contact them.She can warn mike too as he was in the hospital.

She rushed to her toilet ,stripped her clothes ,had a quick wash and changed into a comfortable dress.She wore a tshirt and a jean and she rushed to her car locking her doors and sped straight to the hospital.

When she finally parked her car a sense of relief came over her ,she could smell gabriels scent and it was strong,he must be in the hospital visiting veronica she thought.She made a mad dash to veronica's room earning glares from the patients and scowls from the doctor's and nurses.She didnt care ,she wanted to see her mate as soon as possible.She knew she was going against her profession,but somewhere in her heart she knew this was the right thing to do.She wouldnt lose her love because of some power corrupted people and their man whore son's who deserved to be dead.

She knew gabriel was a good man at heart and she believed and trusted her instinct. why would he avenge mike's daughter.Why would he save veronica or take her in.He might be a gangster ,but his actions proved otherwise.

When she was about to open veronica's room the door opened and gabriel stood infront of her.His grey eyes was shining bright and his lips went to a smile looking at her.Cassy felt heat radiating through her cheeks and she knew she was blushing at the sight of him.He was handsome as ever,he wore a black shiny coat with maroon tight silk shirt,defining his sculpted body.

"What are you doing here pervy"he asked.

"I am not a pervert"she whined trying to hide her smile."I need to talk to you ,alone "she said.

Gabriel nodded his head "ok come in then , veronica has been taken to get her scan done",he said leading her in.He motioned her to sit in a chair and he took another one placed infront of it and sat.

Cassy sat looking at his sculpted face and beautiful eyes as sparks flew though her body.Gabriel cleared his throat with a grin "and you were saying"

Cassy snapped from her trance "The bodies found near one of your clubs were identified today morning and it was confirmed by the senator and my chief that it was their son's and"

She was cut off by gabriel "and they are planning to kill me ,along with mike and his daughter."

Cassy was dumbstuck,how did he know,was it a lucky guess.Anyway he wouldnt  know the next thing i would tell him she thought "and"