CHAPTER 14

"Cassy ,cassy "mike shook her shoulders making her come out of her trance.

"Yeah" she said,her thoughts were confused,and her head started to throb in pain.She couldnt believe what she heard.What the hell was going on.Was it some kind of a sick joke.Was her chief and the senator involved in some kind of cover up for their son's.

"Cassy are you listening"mike asked her again.

"I am sorry ,i must have spaced out.Tell me mike."

"They have found three bodies near gabriels club ,chief wants us to look into it,we will discuss the rest while we get there."he said.

Cassy nodded and walked towards the car.Mike took the keys from her and started the engine and they started to go towards the night club.

"Mike ,are you hundred percent sure they were involved."

Mike's knuckles turned white as he held the steering wheel tighter "Yes ,and if you want to know how cassy ,because those fuckers walked to me in court with a big grin plastered in their face after the verdict and whispered into my ears ,your daughter was a fine piece of ass,just give us a call after she gets out of the hospital"and they walked away laughing their arses off.

"What did you do" cassy asked masking her emotion,trying to leash her wolf.

"What can i do cassy,i am just a cop who is down the food chain,your smart ass chief and his political friend had money,power and law on their side.Their sons just walked away free threatening to hurt my daughter again in broad day light in court,i just wanted to shoot those mother fuckers dead.But i couldnt cassy ,how could i ,i didnt want to leave my baby girl alone."Another stray tear rolled from his eyes.

"The other two guys are in jail right,did they put the entire blame on those,maybe we can make them talk."

"Do you think we didnt try that cassy,we tried but no ,didnt work out."

"So why does the senator thinks gabriel has any involvement with his son disappearance."

Mike gave a smile "hmmm how can i put it simply,i told you the two guys who were in jail right,one of them managed to get bail."

"What" cassy was shocked again.

"Yeah,the day the senator's son was missing,the guy in jail was killed in his cell by his cell mate he was clubbed to death by a hammer that some inmates smuggled inside jail."

Cassy let out a small chuckle the hammer represented gabriel's doing,like some kind of a warning to others.

Mike continued "in the following two days your  chief's son and the one who got bail went missing.And most importantly,No one disappears in gabriel's territory and if some one does".

"It means gabriel wants them to disappear from the phase of this earth."cassy interrupted with a smile.

Mike nodded his head,"but i still dont understand that guy,why would he do that for me,why would he risk everything for a guy who is been trying to arrest him for the past few years.Because of this you and your team were sent as a warning to him that anything happens to their sons, that they would do their very best, try to bury him and the rodriguez family."

"So i was sent here as a warning huh mike."

Mike nodded "i am sorry cassy ,i thought you and your team knew.Every one from our department knew the true purpose,why you were sent here."

Cassy felt her chest heavy,as if she was betrayed "so what do you think about the bodies near the club"

"Well it is been since a year ,we found a body in his territory,and it was Dimitry mikloff's body."

"NO WAY,the russian mafia boss"

"Yup" mike nodded his head.

"To tell you the truth cassy i wish it was those bastards.We talk about the law and justice,and you know what, every law can be broken ,bent,and even be  changed by those people with power and money, and people like us are always going to be treated like fools".

They reached the corner of the club to see police cars surrounding the area and people around the blockade trying to have a peek of the bodies.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys,

                 so what do you guys think about the progress of this story.Please leave comments and suggestions.

                                   with love

                                                                     deepak