CHAPTER 6

Cassy and the others reached the crime scene.The area was secured by the police and the fire fighters had brought down the fire ,removing the charred bodies.The street contained only 4 houses and were well spaced no wonder they called the police early cassy wondered.

Cassy got down from her car and inhaled deeply,being a werewolf had its perks and also boosted her carrier,humans would call it cheating but for her it was using her sensory skill to get the accused convicted.All she had to do is go near the victim smell the scent around them and find the possible accused and start gathering evidence against them.Everyone in the deparment thought cassy had great insight,well a job is a job right as long she brings the accused down it doesnt matter how she did it.

Well for the first time she didnt get any scent,she did get the scent of all the people who where in the crime scene,but none of the assailants.With little confusion she walked to the charred bodies,where a guys dentition caught her attention.His cannines were long,different from a normal human, at once she knew he was a werewolf.She took her pen out and gloved her hand and walked towards the other bodies exploring their dentition with her pen by raising their lips using it,she found there were 3 dead werewolves and two humans.By the extent of their cannines projecting she knew they were about to shift,but why didnt they.

She examined the bullet holes in their knee caps and skull,usually werewolves can with stand about 6 to 7 normal bullets,but if a bullet stopped their change then it must have been a silver bullet.

"Detective can i see the bullets and catridges"cassy asked.

Michael gave a smile "And why in particular the bullets,cassy"

"I think i have a hunch".

"I am sorry cassy the bullets were removed from their bodies before they burnt the place."

"No shit ,are you kidding me ,what about the shells."

"Nope none in the scene,now you know why i had a hunch it was gabriel's doing".

"I still dont understand"

"Well if it was a perfect crime without any trace of evidence then it is gabriels doing,we still dont know how he does that.Every thing he does it is always two steps ahead of us".

Yes he was cassy thought in her mind even her wolf senses couldnt pick up any clue,cassy was excited,it is going to be fun when she brings them down,it would be a great achievement in he carrier.she gave a small smile ."Let us see detective,dont worry we will bring him down,he wont know what hit him this time."

"I hope so"micheal smiled.Michael's phone buzzed  and he took the call while walking away from cassy his calm smiling face turned to have a hurt look."okay i will be there in a few minutes"he said and came back walking toward them.

"Cassy if you dont mind could you drop me in the hospital which is nearby before you go the station,my daughter is sick and i need to go check on her."

"Yeah sure detective."she said.

"Please call me mike "michael said with a smile.

She nodded her head smiling and they left to the hospital.While parking in the hospital cassy felt a vague but faint scent,her wolf was restless it wanted to find the scource of this scent.She had to try to control her wolf so bad.

"Cassy,cassy are you alright "mike was standing near her door shaking her shoulder.

"What ah yeah mike i am sorry got a bit distracted there ,i will be leaving now will see you in the station "giving him a smile and she took of to the station controlling her wolf from driving her insane.

After a few hours in the station analysing all the reports and files she came up with a strategy and explained it to her team mates .They all agreed.Mike had come two hours back to the station and joined the meeting.

"Guys can we go out and  eat something,i am starving."cassy said looking at the time.

"I will take you  guys to this italian restaurant i know,my treat"mike said

They all agreed and within half an hour they reached the restaurant.It was a small restaurant with glass windows and doors.They entered to find 3 small tables for four people and two large tables for 8 at the back.They all went at sat at the table at the back and were going through the menu.

Cassy spotted two men eating in a table in front of them and a couple with their two teen children at the other table which was near the entrance.

Suddenly she smelt the same scent which made her wolf restless but this time the scent was getting stronger and stronger.Her wolf was excited,ofcourse cassy was excited too ,it was a possibility that it would be her mate,though one part didnt want to find her mate,the other part was curious to know how he was,what kind of person he would be,may be he will be understanding and so on,With so many thoughts clouding her mind,she heard the front door open to see a man with the sexiest grey eyes she had ever seen,tanned skin,black hair,muscular ,height about 5'9 he wore a tight black tshirt showing his well defined abs and chest though his blazer covered his half body.He looked at her ,in her eyes and there was sparks all over her body,her breathing became hard,her wolf screaming with joy,it was like he was looking into her souland she into his.

He looked at her eyes for a few seconds before he wore his dark shades walking towards the restaurant with a man and a woman behind him.

"OH FUCK"she muttered that guy,that guy was GABRIEL.The guy she had seen in the photos.The guy she wanted arrested.

 ..........................................................................................................................................................................................

hey guys.

Hope you are liking the story.please leave you valuable comments,your votes encourages me and your comments makes me a better writer.suggestions and criticism is always welcome.

                                       with loads of love

                                                          deepak