CHAPTER5

Cassy unpacked her clothes in her new flat in miami.A temporary place given by the department,next to her flat were her team members.After unpacking she got ready to get into business the first is to check in with the miami police department.

Cassy and her team walked into the police departmen where all the cops were checking on her curvy body.She wore a white tshirt and blue jeans with her gun holstered over her shoulders.She asked a female cop where she could find the chief inspector office and she was given instructions.After a few minutes strutting in the office and hearing wolf whistles and pervy comments from the officers she found the chief inspectors office.

The chief opened the door and motioned to come in.He gave a warm shake hand and introduced himself."I am chief inspector SOLOMON CLAY and you must be miss.cassy".He was in his mid 50's about 5'9 ,little chubby but fit for his age,grey hair and blue eyes

cassy nodded her head with a smile and introduced her team mates to the chief."so chief,can you  tell me about the rodriguez."

"Samuel rodriguez was a small time drug dealer and guns smuggler,but in the past 7 years he made big progress and now owns half the night clubs,and nearly half of miami is his territory.The most important guy behind his progress,is a man called gabriel.Well as for now i could only tell you this much because we dont know anything more ,he is like houdini,he appears and disappears without a trace.But in my opinion i would want the FBI to concetrate on the russian mafia or the columbian cartels"

"And why is that "cassy looked at him curiously.

"The rodriguez territory is the safest territory for a cop,the guys who want to retire or dont want their lives to be difficult want to be in that side of the district."

"Are you telling me that their palms are greased by the rodriguez,then half the station must be corrupted"she started screaming.

"Hold your horses down miss.cassy it is not what you think,there is a zero crime rate in their territory,no robbings,no rapes,no murders nothing they keep the people in their territory safe and you know the best part ,they dont get any protection money from them.People respect them and you cannot find anyone who will turn against them.For past seven years we have sent undercover cops,snitches and even tried people to rat them out,nope never worked.My best undercover cops would be approached by gabriel and let them know that he was a cop and blow his cover on the first day just by looking at them.I have no idea how that bastard does it."

"Have you considered about rats in the department"

"Yes we bugged all our phones and even had those internal affairs punks do a background check,everyone were cleared.Even this wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for senator Roger ."

"What,what do you mean ,are you telling me that the whole investigation was due to the senator.What is with him and the rodriguez."sally asked with concern.

"You guys dont know".No they all nodded their heads.

Solomon let out a sigh."A week before, the senator's 19 year old son had gone missing and he was last seen in one of Gabriels night clubs.so the whole investigation is to lick the senator's ball in finding his son.No offence though."

"None taken"cassy smiled.

They were interrupted by a man in his late 40's "chief,i am sorry to interrupt you,but we a homicide and arsoning in the cartel's district" giving the chief the address.

Cassy so the chief giving a small amused grin and within seconds changed his face to his normal self.He cleared his throat and introduced the cop"Cassy, this is detective MICHAEL FERNANDES ,he had been on the rodriguez case for past 3 years and he will be helping with your investigation."

Cassy got up and shook hands with the detective.He was 6 feet tall ,well built black hair and shades of grey at his side,green eyes.She introduced her team mates to him and they exchanged greetings.

"So chief i will take them with me to the crime scene then"michael told his chief.

"Okay off you go "he said and started taking another file from his desk and started looking at it while they were led by michael to their cars.

"So why do you want us to come to investigate a homicide in the cartel's territory,detective."cassy inquired.

Michael let out a smile ,"because i am hundred percent positive that gabriel is involved by hearing the initial reports."

"What makes you so sure detective."

"You will find out soon"he finally said before they got into their cars and went driving to the place where the homicide took place.