Chapter 24

"So what do we do from here?" Colson's voice shattered the silence we had been sitting in for about an hour. Neither of us had any words to say, nor did we know what to say in this moment. I shrugged and raised up my hand to run it through my hair. 

"I don't know. I never really anticipated on being 17 and pregnant," I tried to smile, but I just couldn't. How would my parents react to this? My friends? Austin

"I'm sorry, Hay. I didn't even think to use anything," Colson groaned and hung his head. 

"Colson it goes both ways. I didn't even remind you. Both of us are responsible," The room went silent again as the clock struck 8.  

"Does anyone else know?" 

"Only Gwen and Piper," I grumbled as the nauseous feeling came back suddenly. Colson grabbed the nearest trash can and placed it beside me.  

"I was about to go across the street and get some food. Are you hungry?" He scanned the room for his wallet before grabbing it off the nightstand. 

"No I'm fine," I slowly pushed myself off the ground and rubbed my head. "Do you mind if I go lay down?" Colson shook his head and placed his warm lips on my forehead. 

"Of course. If you wanna change I have some pajamas in the top drawer and sweaters in the closet. I'll be back soon," Just as he walks out, my phone buzzes. I slide my finger across the screen and place the phone to my ear. 

"Hayden, can we talk?" Austin sounded panicked. 

"We are talking, Austin," I began to slur my words and that's how I knew I was on the verge of saying something I didn't mean. 

"Are you at home?" He exhaled. 

"No, I'm not. What is it you wanted to talk about? I'm really tired." I grumbled, making my way into Colson's bedroom and beginning to rummage through the drawers for clothes. 

"I'm sorry for the argument earlier. It was dumb. I really want you to come over so we can just hang out," He continued rambling on but I eventually zoned out, sliding on a long pair of red and black pajama pants and a grey Cleveland hoodie.  

"Listen, Austin, I'm tired and I just wanna go to bed," I breathed deeply, relaxing back onto the bed and cuddling under the blanket.  

"Then let me come over to your place. I can bring a few movies and we'll eat ice cream?" Austin sounded hopeful, but it was no use. It wasn't going to happen. 

With Austin, we were always arguing for a dumb reason. Whether it be Colson showing up at the same event as us or his song coming on the radio and I didn't change the station or something petty. But I was tired of it. And now with a baby on the way, I had to figure out what was best for me - Us

"Goodnight, Austin," I ended the call and set the phone down beside me. Peace and quiet. Just what I wanted.  

It was only a few moments when I felt myself drifting off. I felt lifeless, free, and happy. Almost as if laying in Colson's bed sent a message to my heart telling me that this is where I belonged and where I should have been all along. And I was starting to believe it.  

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and a pair of lips gently pressing on my ear. 

"Feeling any better?" Colson whispered, sending chills down my body. I shook my head as he joined me on the other side of the bed. 

"I bought you some chicken tenders and soda. There's medicine in the bathroom, too," I smiled weakly. Colson already knew just what I needed and wanted. No wonder he's such a great dad.