Chapter 21

Friday Night 

It's been a week since Austin and I came out as a couple. It feels so good to be able to finally go out in public and not worry about paparazzi being around, not caring.  

I've been planning Austin's surprise birthday party with help from Gwen and Piper. He has no idea, or at least I hope not. Colson has texted me a few times, but I've always been too busy to reply and it scares me because I have no idea what he could be up too, considering his relapse. 

Austin is currently in Miami recording some demos and working on collaboration ideas. He flies back into town tomorrow morning around noon. I'll let him get some rest before taking him out to dinner and then returning to my house for his party! 

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the fluffy white towel around my body. I rubbed away a spot of steam from the mirror and stared at my reflection.  

Who was this person staring back at me? Who had I become? I had no answer to either of those questions, but I knew that I wouldn't like it if I did. 

After drying off, I changed into a pair of long red plaid pajama pants and a black t-shirt. I plopped down in front of my computer and logged onto Twitter, smiling when I saw a Tweet from Austin. It was a picture of us Facetiming from the previous night with a caption saying; 

'Still nothing like the real thing... Can't wait to be back home tomorrow (: ' 

I quickly replied with a smile and kissy face emoji before climbing into bed and turning on the TV. There was nothing quite like a relaxing night. A night where I could stay in bed and forget about all of my problems and they forgot about me. Well, almost all of them. My phone vibrated and I groaned as I read the name on the screen, Colson. After a minute of hesitation I answered the call. 

"Yes, Colson?" He sniffled on the other side of the line and groggily answered me. 

"I really need you," I was beginning to get tired of all these phone calls in which Colson was saying the same thing about how he needed me. He had a girlfriend he could call, why did he always come back to me? 

"Colson you're just high right now... Drink some water and go to bed," As I was about to hang up he shouted on the other end, causing me to pull the phone from my ear. 

"I'm not high! Every time I call you it's not because I'm high... It's because I need you and I miss you!" He sniffled again. Now I felt bad for snapping on him. Maybe I just got caught up in my own world and forgot that Colson did indeed need me. I sighed deeply. 

"Are your parent's home?" He whispered. I curled my eyebrows. 

"No... Why?"  

"Because it's cold outside..." My eyes grew wide as I climbed out of bed and made my way down the stairs and looked out the window. 

"You're on my porch, Colson?" I hung up the phone, quickly opening the door and letting him inside. 

"I'm sorry," He mumbled, shoving his cell phone in his back pocket. "I just thought that if I stayed at my place any longer I would have done something I regretted." I grabbed a blanket from the hallway closet and handed it to Colson, watching him as he wrapped it around his body. 

"Well I'm happy you made a good decision," I nodded. We looked at each other for a moment before Colson wrapped both arms around me and roughly pulled me into a tight hug. 

"I've missed you, Hay..." He gently massaged the back of my head as I felt a pair of lips against my head. I wanted to push him away so badly, remind him that I had a boyfriend and he had a girlfriend. That we were no longer a couple, we could no longer do this. But who was I kidding? I belonged to him, and he belonged to me. 

"I've missed you, too..." I sniffled as he pulled away slowly, still resting his hands on my hips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, closing the space between us and pressing our lips together, moving in sync with his as they had always done.  

The kissing got more intense and the room got hotter. Colson moved his hands down my thighs and hoisted them up around his waist, never once breaking the kiss. He began walking and made his way up the stairs, kicking my bedroom door open and closed before falling onto the bed, causing us both to laugh. He brought his hand up to my cheek and gently massaged it with one finger as he examined my face. His eyes, they had something in them which I hadn't seen in so long, love... passion... lust... happiness. A small wiped across my lips as he gently ran his thumb across them. 

"I love you, Hayden..." He whispered with a glint of fear in his eyes as he stared at me. 

"I love you too, Colson..." I cupped his face in my hands and he ran one hand down my side, stopping on my thigh and looking up at me once again. 

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to pressure you into doing anything if you d-" He rambled on but I cut him off mid-sentence with a firm kiss. Colson smiled lightly, kissing me again but this time with more passion and more gently. 

This is it. The moment which our entire relationship was building up to. All of the arguments, disagreements, make-ups and even a few break-ups. None of that even mattered anymore because I was back in Colson's arms and he was in mine.  

Where we belonged.

.~.~.~.~.

I have a few apologies for you guys;

1) I'M SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET OUT! I've been super stuck on the way I wanted to deliver this chapter, and trust me this was not it at all. But sometimes if it doesn't come out the way you want it, write it to the best of your ability and make the next one even better, which is definitely what I will do.

2) This is just a filler chapter. I hate filler chapters. So much. Seriously..

3) This chapter sucks and it's so short.. The next one will be better. PROMISE! I've been having a bit of writers block.. Please just bare with me guys!