Chapter 14

I groaned as I rolled over and stretched out. I looked over at the clock as I sat up and took in my surroundings, 12:00 noon and I'm in a hotel room? My head hurts like hell, my body is sore and I have no idea what happened last night. 

I stood up and slowly made my way into the main room, my eyes growing wide when I saw Colson sitting on the couch, shirtless, and watching TV. 

"Colson?" I grumbled and held my throat. Ouch, that hurt. 

"You're awake." He smiled a little and stood up. "You feeling any better?" I shook my head and slowly sat down on the couch. A couple minutes later he returned with a cup of coffee and two asprin pills. I smiled a little and took them. 

"What happened last night?" I grumbled. He looked over at me with a sly smile on his face. 

"You don't remember?" I shook my head. "No idea?" I rolled my eyes and sipped the warm coffee in my hand. 

"Colson." I snarled and swallowed the second asprin. 

"You were wasted at a party and some guy was trying to take you home with him." He sighed and began flipping through TV channels. 

"So how did I end up here?" He sighed and looked over towards me with beaming eyes. 

"I brought you here so that the paparazzi wouldn't see you drunk and me taking you home." We were silent for a little while as we watched the last bit of World's Dumbest. 

Once the show ended there was an awkward silence. I continued to sip my coffee. Colson scrolled through different notifications on his phone. 

"There's food on the table." I looked up and turned to face the table, shocked. I've never seen this side of Colson. 

"Thanks." I nodded and made my way towards the table. Eggs, sausage and french toast were on my plate when I sat down and began eating. I was about half-way done eating when Colson spoke up again. 

"Can we talk?" He asked as he sat in front of me. I didn't say anything, just nodded. He just looked at me for a minute. 

"Well?" I cleared my throat and drank a sip of my orange juice that had some how appeared in front of me. 

"I miss you, Hay.." He looked down and I dropped my fork, letting it clang against the plate. 

"We were so happy and let some stupid shit get inbetween us. Why?" I rolled my eyes, glared at him and slammed my hands on the table. 

"It's not a 'Why'! You were messaging some girl and being shady and secretive! Why don't you tell me why!" I didn't even know it but my eyes were filling with tears and they were all spilling over during my rant. 

"Hayden she was a friend of mine and-" 

"Stop it!" I interrupted, shooting up from the table. "Stop lying to me! Just stop!" I began pacing around the living room, mentally yelling at myself for losing my control and crying over Colson. I had been doing so well these last few weeks and of course he had to come along and screw it up. 

"Hayden, I'm sorry. But I'm not lying." He exhaled and the room quickly went silent. 

"Then who the hell is she?" I mumbled, tired and still a little hungover. 

"If I tell you, you can't get all pissy. I'm giving you what you're asking for." I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest, ready to hear the story I've been wondering about for so long. 

"When I was in high school, we hooked up a few times.. It was nothing serious but we always kinda kept in contact with each other. The messages you read, we were just planning on hanging out when I went back to Cleveland." My arms fell to my side and more tears streamed down my face.