Chapter 9

"Oh my gosh," I exhaled as I looped Colson's tie. "Would you calm down? You're gonna be fine." He looked at me half-heartedly and I knew he was genuinely nervous. "You can perform in front of thousands of people, but get nervous over a dinner?" I smiled and pecked his lips gently. 

He rested his hand at the bottom of my back, pressing a kiss to my forehead. A voice cleared their throat from the doorway. I felt Colson tense up around my waist. 

"Colson, this is my mom and dad. Mom, Dad, this is Colson." I smiled nervously as Colson shook my Mom's hand but was shot down by my father's death glare. 

"Shall we sit?" My mother smiled, the oh-so-fake smile which she had perfected over the years, at Colson and I as we sat beside each other across from them. Their was an awkward silence as Cheryl, our chef for the night, served us each a small plate of salad with a side of breadsticks. 

"So, Dad, Colson is about to release his next album," I smiled and nudged Colson with the heel of my foot under the table. He sipped his drink and nodded. 

"We've recorded most of the songs and are about to send it out internationally." He smiled, earning a smile from my mom in response. 

Dinner was almost over, except for my Dad who was cutting his steak eerily slow. I think it was so that he could ask Colson more tough, mind-tricking questions. My Mom tried to stop him but he wasn't backing down. Colson stuttered over his answers and my father just rolled his eyes. 

"He seems like just another Anthony to me," He grumbled, earning a slap on the leg from my mother. 

"Daddy," I whispered, my eyes welling up with tears. I could feel hurt building up inside my body. My entire body felt weak and lifeless so I just lowered my head and hid my face. 

"Anthony?" Colson asked as he shot concerned looks around the table. 

"Anthony was Hayden's ex-boyfriend and he wasn't really good to her.." My Mom sighed. It was silent for a few more moments before Colson spoke up again. 

"I don't plan on being bad to your daughter," He began as we all looked over at him. "These last few weeks with her have been amazing for me. She's told me about some of her past relationships and how she wants to take things slow, and I completely agree with her." I smiled a little and moved my hair behind my ears. 

My Mom smiled, slowly giving in to accepting Colson as my boyfriend. My dad on the other hand, that was another story. 

"Sir," Colson started again as he grabbed my hand and kissed it gently, "I love Hayden. I would never do anything to hurt her. Ever." I felt my cheeks begin to blush as I hid my face behind Colson's shoulder. 

"That's good to know." My Mom smiled at him. Dad swallowed his last piece of steak before standing up, throwing his napkin down on the table, and walking out without saying another word. Mom shook Colson's hand over the table and gave him a reassuring smile, quickly following after my dad. 

I led Colson outside and we stood out on the porch, staring up at the night sky. 

"Do you really.. Love me?" I gulped out. He smiled down at me and cupped my face in his hands. 

"I've only ever said 'I love you' to one girl in my life. So when I say I love you, I mean it." I felt my hair get moved back behind my ear as I bit my lip. 

"You never actually said it to me," I began and his eyebrows curled. "You told my parents how you felt. Not me." I smirked. 

He turned and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his forehead against mine. 

"Hayden Moore," He exhaled before he continued, "I love you..." His piercing blue eyes met mine and he smiled down at me. 

"I love you too, Colson." I smiled, kissing his lips and winning the battle for dominance. 

.~.~.~.~. 

I woke up and smiled. The sun was shining brightly through the windows and my Twitter was chiming like crazy. I hoped Colson hadn't said anything to anyone just yet, because we still did need the approval from my dad. 

After taking a shower and doing my hair up into a ponytail, I slipped on my Galaxy Print Daisy Dukes, a red mickey-mouse shirt and my black and white converse. Gwen, Piper, and I made plans to hang out today. They said I should invite Colson, but he said he was busy with some studio work and was gonna be occupied all day. 

I pulled up outside of "Lindy's Cafe", 10 minute late as usual, and covered my face as I pushed past the cameras. Inside, Gwen and Piper were waiting for me with a plate of fries and 3 sodas.  

"Finally!" Gwen smiled as I sat down and chowwed down a few fries. "Why are you late today?" This time I actually had a good reason. Not something I had made up like my mom was nagging me or my dad made me clean up the kitchen as punishment. No. I was up all night, thinking of Colson. He told me he loved me. "Hayden?" Gwen kicked me under the table, snapping me out of my trance. 

"Sorry," I smiled. "I had dinner with Colson and my parents last night." They gasped and before they hounded me with questions, I answered them by simply saying, "My mom seems to be giving in but my dad still isn't happy." 

We finally ordered and pulled out the book that we were reading, Beastly , and started discussing what part we were on so far. We had to read this book for school. A few weeks ago the school district sent out a reading requirement for all the schools so we chose Beastly. I don't usually like reading, but I actually like this book a lot. 

No suprise, Gwen and Piper couldn't sty on topic and we somehow kept drifting back to the subject of Colson. 

"So does this mean you guys are officially going public?" Piper smiled. I shrugged and sipped my soda.  

"We're still just trying to see how things are gonna work out. Especially with his new album and me going back to school soon." I popped a chicken tender piece into my mouth before changing the dicussion back to the book. 

The rest of the lunch went well. We hung out and talked about the book, and yes, we did end up talking more about Colson and I, but overall I think it was a success. Afterwards, we headed over to Henderson Hedge, a park we always hung out at since we were children. Not much has changed. They kept all the same toys and benches, of course they renevated them every few months, but that's what we loved about it. 

"Oh, no.." Piper groaned as she looked down and hid her face. Gwen looked up, grew wide eyed and did the same thing.  

"Guys, what's wrong with y-" I turned to look where they had looked and my eyes also grew wide. No way. This can't be happening. When he left, he swore it was forever. Everyone, especially me, had hoped that it was forever. Obviously it wasn't. Oh god, he's coming over here. 

"Hey, Hayden." He smirked as he stood in front of me. I glared up at him.  

"Don't talk to me," I snarled, picking up my purse and hurrying away.  

"Oh come on, Hayden!" I heard the voice getting closer. "I made a mistake!" 

"Yeah, too many!" I groaned in response. Gwen and Piper were quickly by my side. 

"You look hot, Hayden." A few snickers followed. I spun around and glared, my eyes a bit teary. 

"Fuck off, Anthony." I spat and continued walking before they could say anything else. 

.~.~.~.~. 

Sorry it took so long :/ 

I havent been feeling well lately. I hope you enjoyed this chapter c: