Chapter 3

My computer pinged just as I came out of the bathroom. I leaned over and looked at the screen, a new Tweet. 

"I've never watched the sunset before. (; -MGK" 

I felt my cheeks flush red as I slid on my camo short-shorts and a black Spiderman tee-shirt. I looked over at the clock, 11:30. Awesome. 

My Dad's flight should have just landed and my Mom's meeting should just be starting. I have a free day, so I can do what ever it is I please.  

An idea popped into my head as I grabbed my car keys and began driving back to the diner. 

.~.~.~.~. 

I ran my hands through my long hair and tilted my sunglasses up onto my head. I exhaled as I climbed out and got into the elevator, Floor 4. 

The elevator chimed as I stepped out and made my way to the recording studio. A red light was on right above the door. Ugh, no entry. 

I stepped away and pulled out my phone, scrolling until I found Colson's number. 

"Mm, something smells good out here. I think it's food. :p"  

I smiled and pressed send as I leaned up against the wall and waited. 

No more than 3 minutes after I pressed send, the door flew open and Colson hurried out, fidgeting with his phone. 

"Looking for this?" I smiled and he turned around, a smile forming on his face. 

"You brought me a diner burger?" He asked, stepping toward me. I just nodded and held up the food bag. 

"I figured I would get you the burger you really wanted." I laughed, mocking him from the previous night. He smiled, taking the bag and ruffling through it. 

"Where's your family?" He asked, looking around. 

"They're all busy doing whatever it is that they do." I smiled. 

"Don't you have any friends to hang out with? Or did you just wanna see me so badly you had to bring me food?" I punched his shoulder playfully. 

"I could always take it for myself." I reached for the bag but was denied when he held it straight up in the air. 

"If you can get it." He teased. I started jumping and attempting to tickle him, but it failed. We laughed before the door swung open again. 

"Kells, you need to get back in here." It was a woman. I fixed my hair and he cleared his throat. 

"I'll be right there, Ash." He nodded and she glared at us for a second before closing the door. 

"I think your girlfriend's jealous." I whispered. He rubbed the back of his neck.  

"She's not my girlfriend. I don't have a girlfriend." He reassured as my phone rang.  

I looked at the caller ID, Bret. 

"Heyy, Bret." I smiled. "...Yeah, okay, I'll be there soon. Alright, bye." I hung up. 

"And who was that? Your boyfriend?" He asked in a more serious tone than I had asked him. I rolled my eyes. 

"I have to go. But I actually wanted to come and say that I'm sorry about last night."  

"Me too." He smiled. "And since you interrupted me working, I think I deserve a little more than a burger." Oh god. I smiled a little and pecked his lips. 

"Happy?" 

"Very." He smiled and walked back into the studio. 

I pressed the elevator button and went back to my car. But I didn't leave right away. I just sat there for a minute. Thinking.