[29] Life Goes On

It's been over a year now. So many things have changed, yet somehow stayed the same.

Mike had gotten a job as a cop and a new house thanks to a much better pay, and Jeremy was more than happy when he moved in alongside Mike and Doll, who are now happily engaged. And even more, he domesticated a fox, naming him Captain.

Jeremy worked hard to overcome his fears and insecurities, and is now the founder of the Butterfly Project; Founded to reach those who are going through hardships like he once did, assuring them it does indeed get better, and that they're doing the best they can at this point of their lives.

Fritz opened his own bakery in the same block as Freddy Fazbear's. He wouldn't stop saying that he pizzeria would always be like a second home to him, and that one doesn't just stray too far from home or family. Over and over again he'd come to visit those who still worked there and brought baked goods for newcomers and kids. He became Freddy Fazbear's main resource of desserts and taught the new head chef everything he knew.

Scott was happy as ever owning the new establishment. He constantly invited the gang over after work hours and despite his high position, he never stopped leaving recorded messages for rookies. You'd never seen him this full of life. He even made time for bowling and other new hobbies!

It seemed as if everyone had gotten a sudden head start and had been reborn with newfound confidence after the incident at the pizzeria. Like everyone suddenly became devoted to their lifelong dreams. The things holding them down were burned down and long gone.

Then there was you and Vincent. You couldn't really explain it, but something strongly connected you and this place. The night shifts became enjoyable by his side and the pay became enough for both of you to get by smoothly. The animatronics were friendly and former guards visited often. You found no reason to want to leave and neither did Vincent. Even so, not all life circulated around a kid's pizzeria. You went out often. Movies, carnivals, parks, walking, dining in new places, you name it. In that short time you learned about each other more and more, until you uncovered a subject that you'd left long forgotten.
The dinning room.

✿ ✿ ✿

Besides the light that had been dimmed to almost its minimum, the room was completely candlelit. This day marked the very first reconstruction anniversary for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. As much as you would have liked to hold the event in the pizzeria, with the animatronics, you had your reasons to make it here and now. Through the window, you caught a glimpse of the sun in its last minutes, bidding goodbye for the night with its final rays of sunshine. The room held a most calming atmosphere that you hope would withstand until the end of the night.

"Vincent?" You called his name loud enough for him to hear up in the bedroom. You knew this could be hard for him, but if you could overcome the negative memories that had taken place in the dinning room with newer, positive ones, Vincent might finally be able to move on from that moment in his life.
And you were one to know about moving on. You had helped children poltergeist find their way into the afterlife a year ago, after all.

The house remains in delicate silence until you hear his reply. "Yes, (Y/n)?"
You breath in deeply. "Please come down, will you?"
A second of hesitation. "Alright, sweet-cheeks."
You catch sight of him coming down the stairs. He stops at the end, almost afraid to look in the direction of the dining room. He knew you were up to something, but he didn't want to let it be true. "Where are you?" He asks, nervous dread in his voice. Such a child. This had to be a joke.
"Over here." You lay against the doorframe leading into the room, hugging your arms softly.
His eyes may be blank, but you could read him like an open book by now. He was getting uneasy. "What are you doing there?" He looked into the room. "Why is the table set?!" Okay, now he was getting anxious.
"Vincey we're having the anniversary dinner here this year. Home. In our dining room."
Now he just looked confused. "...Our anniversary?"
You smile softly and hold back a laugh. He never failed to be adorable when scared. "Freddy Fazbears's"
"Oh." He wearily walked over, keeping a safe distance from the dining room. "We can't have it here... please, (Y/n)."
Damn your weakness for this man. His eyes were pleading and looking deep into yours. It was immensely difficult to say no when he got like that. But you stayed strong.
"Please Vincent. I'm doing this for you. Just give me this one night. To help you."
"(Y/n) my parents died in this room! I killed them! I don't want nothing to do ever again with that part of me! I thought you'd know that!" He had started raising his voice, and your eyes were starting to sting with tears. But you couldn't cry. You'd both make it through today for the better.
"That's why we have to do this! Don't you understand? You can't live comfortably in your own house, for fucks sake! Because you're too scared to face your own demons! I did it once for you, but now I want to know you can do this on your own."
Vincent took a step back and pinched the bridge of his nose. He sighed. "One night?"
You smile. "One night."
"You promise. Just one, short-lived night?"
You squeal gleefully and throw your arms over him, hugging him tight. You whisper into his ear. "Promise."

✿ ✿ ✿
Night came along and you and Vincent had dressed for the occasion. Damn, how you loved to see him in something fancy. And as you showed him your (f/c) dress he couldn't help but mention how stunning you looked. He was being his perfect self and you would hope he stayed that way until the end of tonight. Finally, the time had come to get the party started.
The dinner went by smoothly. Or about as smoothly as it could go. Vincent wouldn't make a scene in front of so many people, hopefully, but he was still uneasy. Mike attended with Doll and Jeremy, Fritz, Scott and even Chris were all present for the get-together. Whenever you noticed Vincent shaking too much, or looking too tense, you'd squeeze his hand under the table and he'd calm down almost immediately. You didn't want to spoil this for him, and a few hours in, he even seemed to be enjoying himself, talking in his charming and confident manner you loved so much. Even joking around with some guards. Your job had been done.
The last two ours were most pleasant. You no longer had to look over Vincent every second and you had most of your focus on the conversation. It seemed as if everything would stay just fine. He even started a toast. He stood from his chair and raised a glass. "For Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. May that dump of a place see many more years to come."
Everyone cheered and clapped. But it was you who was proudest. Vincent had come such a long way since you met him. You knew he needed you to keep bettering himself, and you weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

✿ ✿ ✿

The night ended and Vincent was helping you clear the table, calm as ever, a smile playing softly on his lips. You took glances every now and then in your trips from the table to the kitchen, admiring every feature of him. There wasn't a day you didn't recognize how good looking he could be. Sure, his hair, eyes and face structure were ones to strike you down, but whenever he smiled... now that was something. Specially those kinds of smiles. In between on of your trips from room to room and caught in the middle of you thoughts, Vincent cupped your chin with his hand and kissed your lips, lingering for several seconds until you easily joined into it. He pulled away slowly and spoke quietly, his eyes half lidded. "You're one hell of a woman, (Y/n)," he chuckled. "Where would I be without you?" Be caressed your cheek with his thumb.
You just smiled dreamily with your eyes still closed, tilting your head almost melting under his touch, tasting the kiss still on your lips. That's all he needed to see. It sent the answer you wanted to give him. You knew very well the impact you'd left on Vincent, and the one he had left on you.
It wasn't until now that you realized how tired you were, after today. "Let's go to bed." So sigh out, opening your eyes to look at him.
He was smiling, looking down on you before planting another quick kiss. This time on your forehead. "Alright then, beautiful. Let's go."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
You-hoo! Did you guys miss me? I'm very sorry I didn't update in such a long time, I really am. But I promise to have the last chapter done before New Year, hopefully. I never wanted to abandon the story, but I just don't feel the same way towards Vincent since very long ago and it's therefore harder to write him. But hey that's good news, more for yourselves, girls! Anyway, see you next chapter! That'll be the last one.
-Valkyrie