[20] Alone

Turns out, you weren't capable of staying in the woods your whole life. Eventually, with your eyes red and puffy and your knees aching from being bent for so long, you stood up shaking and tried to find the woods' exit.
     After hours of aimless walking, you finally spotted streetlights lining the side of a road, and within a few hours more, you where in a familiar part of town.

     You legs hurt terribly along with your heart, your head throbbed and your stomach grumbled. From time to time, you would randomly break down and begin to sob again, curling into a ball in the corners of the empty streets. You had no where to go and no one to rely on. Once again in your life, you were completely alone.
     If only Vincent was with you...
     You look up and see a small neon sign with the word 'motel'. You wipe your cheeks dry with your sleeve, stand up weakly and walk towards the place.

✿ ✿ ✿

     You rent a cheap room and thank the receptionist. The place was honestly a dump, but it's the best you could do with the money you had. The lady gives you your key and you read the number taped on it; 23. You thank her a last time before turning around and searching for room 23. You quickly found it and tried to open your door. The door budged, but didn't open. You sigh and try a second time. Now the door squeaked open, revealing a small, dark room.
     You slide your hand on the wall searching for a light switch. When you felt it, the lights flickered to life, giving off an eerie, pale yellow glow with a low hum. The room consisted of a bed, a small fridge, closet and desk.

     You sit down on the edge of the uncomfortable bed, which squeaked underneath you. Turning to look at the alarm clock next to you, you see the time; 2:17 in the morning. Burying your face in your hands, you let out a long and shaky sigh before looking up to the ceiling. You didn't know what to do anymore. You had nothing to look forward to, and it seemed as if life would be stuck in this miserable state for the rest of your tragic existence.
     Your stomach grumbled, complaining about how hungry you were. You slowly sit up and grab whatever was left of your money. You tried to close the door as you left the room, but it refused to lock. You grunt and give up. You would be back in a few minutes anyway.

     Walking down the creaking planks in the hall, you leave the motel and head to the store in the corner, those who where open 24 hours.

     The cold wind whistled in your ears and turned your cheeks rosy. Soon you made it to the store, which wasn't much warmer, not to mention you weren't exactly wearing clothes appropriate for this weather. You buy only what you needed right now- coffee and a simple muffin. As you walk to the cashier, you take out the money you need and quickly pay the food. With your head hanging low, you made your way back to the motel. You took quick sips from the warm coffee and small bites from the sweet muffin, but your life remained cold and sour.

✿ ✿ ✿

     Once you were back at your room, you finished the last of your lousy dinner and laid down on the bed. With the lights off, you crawled under the scratchy blankets, and since you had no spare change of clothes, you had to sleep in your everyday clothes.
     A ding broke the silence in the quiet room. It came from your phone. You instinctively check it. It was a message from Vincent. You also noticed you had 12 missed calls since you left the motel, all from him, one after the other. You read the message.

     '(Y/n), I know you'll never forgive me. I just want you to know, I understand. I don't deserve you.'

     Your eyes fill with tears as you read the message. You look away from the glowing screen as you set your phone down, pulling the covers over your head and muting calls along with messages.

     A few minutes later, your tired mind and body were already starting to betray you. Half asleep and barely conscious as you tossed and turned in the squeaky bed, you turn your body around and stretch your arm across the bed. But of course, Vincent was not there. The only thing that met your hand was the tingling feeling of tiny lint balls under your palms. Your lonely hand grasp at the sheets as you whimper in your sleep, a few seconds before your body completely shut down.

  ✿  ✿  ✿

     You woke up the next morning at three in the afternoon. The first thing you did was check your phone, as usual. 26 missed calls and 47 unread messages. Luckily not all from Vincent, but most of them where. His last attempt had been at 4:42 in the morning.
They were also from the rest of the security crew. All of them asked why you hadn't shown up to work. Jeremy asked if you were sick, Mike wondered if you were okay, Scott talked about how mad boss was going to be, but he also asked if you were doing fine. Fritz and Chris also had sent you several messages, urging for a reply. You turned your phone off, not replying to a single one of the worrying guards.

You had fallen into a deep depression. Nothing made you happy and everything you did seemed meaningless. You didn't even eat as much as you should've, and you spent long hours at the shower just staring at the tiles in the wall before the water was cut off and you where left half covered in soap.

You talked to nobody, and not even your favorite music or (f/s) would cheer you up.

You missed Vincent horribly day after day. Your feelings for him never seemed to fade. It was a curse that you carried with yourself every waking hour. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get over him.

Thank you all for 5,000 reads! I love you guys! I never thought my story would get this far, to be honest, and it's all thanks to you!
-Valkyrie