[15] Home Sweet Purple Home

Your eyes widen when you looked at the house that belonged to Vincent.

It was purple, of course. But what surprised you was how surprisingly big it was. A little bigger than your old home, and that was afforded with years of hard work between 2 people. Someone who worked as a night watch in a kid's pizzeria could never afford it.

The house was the perfect mix between modern and the typical suburban home. The setting sun made the purple house look golden with shades of orange, red and yellow.

Vincent smiled as he stood beside you. "You like it?" He asked proudly.

"Vincent! This place is yours?!" You asked with a small giggle caused by disbelief while you continued to contemplate the house.

He nodded with a short chuckle and walked to the door with you following close behind, still gazing at the house. He unlocks it and steps to the side to let you in first.

You step in and the first thing you notice besides the very expected purple furniture, was the very faint smell of lavender and heliotropes.

"Go ahead and explore the house while I prepare something to eat, love~."

"Okay," You nod and begin to walk in and out of rooms, opening every door and walking every hall.

After your little adventure, you counted a total of 4 bedrooms where only 1 seemed to be used, 3 bathrooms, a living room with wonderful furniture and a fireplace, a family room with a cozy-looking couch and a big tv screen, a dining room with a table for 8 and a kitchen with a smaller table for 4.

You return to the kitchen, attracted by the smell of toast. Vincent was patiently waiting in front of the toaster with both of his hands on the kitchen counter an leaning in slightly.

You watched from the door frame as you see the 2 pieces of toast pop out of the toaster before they are suddenly snatched mid-air by Vincent.

Vincent turns around to face you. "Ah, I see you're back. I made you some toast. Add whatever you want to it."

"Aww, thank you." You grab the plate he held out to you and sat on the table in the kitchen. You took a bite; it was toasted to perfection. "This is very good, Vincent!" You complimented him.

Vincent smiled a little more. "Why thank you, (Y/n)." He took about six pieces of toast for himself and sat beside you, gazing into your eyes.

You blush a little and look slightly away. He chuckled and takes a bite out of the crunchy toast. Taking a few more bites from your dinner, you keep looking at the beautiful house. "How did you even afford this place."

Vincent choked on his toast. "I'd rather not talk about it."

"What? How come?"

"I'm afraid you won't want to see me after I tell you..." He set down his toast and leaned back uncomfortably in his chair.

You look at him confused. 'Did he steal it or something? What could be so awful he wouldn't want to tell me?'

You reach for his hand and hold it from across the table. "Vincent, you can tell me anything..."

He looked at you for a moment, looking slightly sad. He sighed and began to tell you the story. You leaned forward to let him now he had your full attention.

"When I was just a kid, somewhere around 9 years old. There was a Christmas party at my house that my parents were hosting. They had their own business and were really successful and everything. They always tried to get the best of me..." His deep voice and tone made the story sound like a dramatic narrator from a tragic movie. "My parents told me they would like to have me help with the cookies this year, so I agreed. Once in the kitchen, I was baking with my mother. Everything seemed like it would go well, the guests, which were my uncle and aunt, were coming in from the front door and my dad was welcoming them. Then..." Vincent took a deep breath before continuing, as if remembering the story. "I accidentally added rat poison to the cookies. I don't know when, it was almost as if I had blanked out and decided rat poison would be a great ingredient to add or something. I walked into the dining room holding the cookie tray proudly as everyone took one. I decided I would take one myself as soon as everyone had eaten since I wanted to know what they thought, but everyone started gagging. At first I was hurt because I thought they hated the cookies, but then some of them began to cough up blood... The Christmas themed music was paying Jingle Bells in the background, a song that would scar me forever... I reached for the phone and called for help, but when the ambulance came, it was too late. I spent the next 8 to 9 years on foster homes, but I was always kicked out... something about me being too much trouble and a bad influence. When I turned 18, a lawyer came to see me and said that my parents had written on their will that I was the owner of everything they had as soon as I turned 18. I moved into my old house and remodeled it with a small part of the money my parents left me. I have been living here since, yet I never eat on the dinning room or tolerate hearing Jingle Bells." Vincent let out the song's name as if it was a cursed word and became silent afterwards.

You had tear filled eyes eyeing Vincent with pity and your mouth slightly open in disbelief. All this years hating your parents and wishing you could be away from them, and Vincent had accidentally murdered his own. You couldn't imagine the guilt he felt. "Vincent... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked!"

"It's okay, (Y/n), if you're going to live here I can't keep any secrets from you." He flinched a little. Gazing at his watch, he took the last bite of toast.

You were still ashamed for bringing up such a touchy subject. You sigh and stand up.

Vincent turned to look at you. "Now now, love. Let's not end the night like this. Let's have some fun~."

You turned to look at him surprised and your face reddened a little. "Fun?"

So! It's been a while since I updated! Sorry for that... Not that anyone noticed... Or do you? Because if you do look forward for a new chapter, or update or anything, please comment! It keeps me motivated! Thanks!
-Valkyrie