[17] Piano Madness

You woke up and lazily turn to look at the alarm clock (which marked 11:53) on your drawer. Well, Vincent's drawer, since this was his room. Wait... His room!? You passed the whole night sleeping with him in his room?! Oh boy. You were so tired yesterday, you forgot to go to your own room! But... it was nice, actually, the best sleep you have had since you were a toddler, probably. No biggie, right?

As you cleared up your thoughts, you noticed Vincent wasn't with you in the bed. You sit straight up and look all over the room. Where was that man? You hear a melody come from downstairs. Your half asleep brain couldn't quite tell you what it was, but it sounded familiar. At least, you recognized the instrument; a grand piano. After a few short seconds of trying to recognize the song, you're finally able to put your finger on it. The melody being played on the piano was (f/s)'s theme song!

You squeal quietly and rush downstairs in you pajamas. You were filled with energy now, eager to see where the song came from. As you reach the bottom floor, you remember seeing a piano yesterday, when exploring the house.

You rush into the room with the grand wooden piano, with Vincent sitting in front of it. He had changed into (whatever outfit you want because it's the weekend and he ain't gonna be wearing his uniform. It's just really hard for me to imagine him in something different that fit him).You smile to yourself as you see him turn to look at you with a smile and stops playing. "Hello, sleeping beauty~," He said as he stood up from the bench.

You giggle a little and walk towards him. "I had no idea you could play the piano this well," You say, truly impressed by the fact he learned the song in a few hours, probably since he woke up.

"Oh please," he replies with a scoff. "That was simply a warmup to not wake you up too suddenly, beautiful. Let me show you what I can really do." He pulled a chair for you to sit in and retook his place in front of the piano.

You sat on the chair and leaned forwards, eager to see what Vincent was about to play.

He straightened his back and cracked his knuckles, followed by a quick shake of his hands. Vincent carefully placed his hands on the piano's keys and paused for dramatic effect.
You lean a few more inches with your eyes widening a little.

Suddenly, a million notes play at the same time and Vincent's hands become nothing but a blur of purple. Your jaw dropped in utter amazement as you watched Vincent violently yet swiftly play the piano, which was shaking and trembling and, surprisingly, was still standing after 6 seconds of the brutal smashing. Usually, this amount of notes being continuously slammed would have sounded like agonizing demon fetuses, but Vincent made it sound beautifully complex and magnificent.

It was (f/s)'s theme song but as if it had been remixed into its finest version and played by at least 3 people. But it was all Vincent. He moved his hands gracefully from octave to octave like a madman, changing the position of his fingers like lightning. For a moment, you could've sworn the piano was smoking. And from time to time, you could see a hint of madness in his eyes, making you slightly intimidated.

It was impossible for a human being to be able to do something this fascinating. But you knew by now Vincent was far more than just a regular, common person. You were lucky to end up with someone like him.

The purple man kept banging the piano, each perfectly calculated slam releasing another harmony of beautiful notes. You keep watching, in shock, but enjoying every minute of the song.

And finally, for the grand finale, he spread his hands wide and played as many notes as possible. The endin was perfect. Beautiful.

Vincent turns to look at you with pride in his white eyes, anything but exhausted from the vigorous piano-playing. "So? What do you think?" He asked smugly with a smirk.

You couldn't manage the words to express how amazed you were. In the end, the only thing that came out as you continued to stare at the piano was, "Wow." You turn to look at Vincent, your eyes still wide as saucers. "Wow!"

He replies with a chuckle. "I knew you would like it~." He replies as he pulled you to his side, admiring the piano as it were that scene from The Lion King when Mufasa showed Simba the land he would one day rule.
'Silly comparison,' you thought. 'But accurate.'

"How did you even learn to do this?" You asked, still amazed.

Vincent's proud expression was washed and replaced with one of slight sadness. "My mother taught me." He said, a nostalgic hint in his voice.

Oh oh, touchy subject. Being under his arm suddenly didn't feel so comfortable. You decided to change the subject. "Did you have breakfast already? What's for breakfast?" You try to ask as casually as possible.

Vincent smiles a little. "I made you breakfast," He smiles and looks down at you lovingly.
You immediately forgot the awkward situation you were just in and returned the loving look. "Aww, thank you so much." You place a quick kiss on his soft lips, causing him to get slightly startled and stiffen. It was usually him who kissed first. You begin to head to the kitchen when what you just did hit you. You really just kissed him... Not bad. 'Hmm...'

You turn back and kiss him again, tugging his shirt slightly, this time a little longer. Vincent didn't seemed so surprised and had time to return the kiss.

When you broke the kiss, Vincent looked into your eyes dreamily.
"Hey," you say, making him shortly snap out of it. "The googly eyes thing is my job." You giggle, teasing him. You turn back and head to the kitchen, for real this time. Leaving Vincent with a slight blush following close behind.

Once in the kitchen, he gave you a plate with toast, eggs, and (whatever you like for breakfast). You thank him as he placed a kiss on the side of your forehead. You still weren't used to the kiss thing, so it still made you blush, which seemed to get Vincent back into his flirty, dominant mode. You liked him that way, honestly.

He sits across you, humming to himself the song he had practiced so long on the piano to impress you. But you didn't need to be impressed by him, he had already won your heart.

For once in your life, you actually thought you had a bright future with you loved and be happily ever after... right?

So! I heard it was a certain purple man's birthday! So to celebrate this lovely day, I decide to update! Please keep me motivated and comment on the book! Votes are nice but I love comments way more. Thanks to all of you for getting the story to 3k reads!!!
- Valkyrie