[4] Dead End

You shut your eyes expecting the worst. 'How was I stupid enough to just stand there?! I should've ran, but no! I stayed in place and now I'll die!' You kept yelling at yourself in your head.

     You heard a crunch but didn't feel any pain. The 6 a.m. bell rang.

     You opened your eyes. You feel something wrapped around your chest... Someone! You gasp and realize Vincent used himself as a human shield to protect you from Bonnie!

     Vincent had his face buried between your left arm and left side of your chest, breathing heavily. Then you gasp again as you see Bonnie had sank his teeth into Vincent's back!

     You immediately wrap your arms around Vincent and pull him off. You get a glimpse of his back, noticing it was torn and stained with his blood.

     Bonnie was frozen, lifeless.

     You place your trembling hands on his shoulders. "VINCENT, OH MY GOD! Are you okay?! You're bleeding!"
     You hear a raspy and weak groan and Vincent slowly lifted his head "I-I'm fine, (Y/n)..."
     "No you're not! We have to get help!"
     You had tears in your eyes. It was only a matter of time before you started crying. "Why did you do that?!" You asked.
     "You matter too much for me to just let you die like that..." He whispered.

     You look into his half lidded eyes and could've sworn the world slowed down for a few seconds. Then, you burst into tears, pulling Vincent closer as you cried onto his shoulder.
"I'm so so sorry! This is all my fault!" He placed his hand on your back and started moving it in circles slowly.
     "Shhh, don't say that dear~." He pulled you away and wiped your tears with his thumb. "I'll be fine, this happens to me very often. Besides, the bite isn't that deep."
     You sniff and hug him again, avoiding the wound on his back. He hugs back softly as he stands up and sits on the office's chair, carefully placing you on his lap.

     He starts stroking the back of your head with his hand and then placed his chin on your head, feeling his stubble scratch your forehead.
     You feel nice and cozy against his warm body. Then you feel something vibrating slightly. Vincent was purring! You giggle and snuggle into his chest. Your tears stopped flowing within a few minutes.
     You could've stayed there forever.

     Suddenly, you remember you should've been home thirty minutes ago! Your parents were going to kill you! You suddenly pull back from Vincent who was almost sleeping at this point. This startled him and almost made him fall back.
     "Sorry!" You apologized.
     "What's wrong?" Vincent groaned, clearly upset about being awoken this way.
     "I should've been home by now! I need to leave!" You replied.
     "D'aww, can't you stay any longer~?" Vincent cooed.
     "Sorry Vincent. I'll see you tomorrow, though! Bye!" You didn't even look back. You snatched your bag as you rushed out the doors of the pizzeria.

     Your legs began to go sore from running so fast. You felt bad for leaving Vincent just like that, but you couldn't risk being another second late to your house. You knew the beatings would be worse.
     Maybe your parents were asleep. Maybe they wouldn't notice you were late.

     Maybe...