[25] Grand Reopening

You wake up early in the morning, for once eager to go to work. You turn over and softly shake Vincent's bare shoulder until you hear him let out a deep groan and turn the opposite side. You can't help but smile at his whining. You crawl over him and whisper in his ear. "Get up, sleepy grape~."
Silence. Except for his breathing and obviously fake snoring.
Luckily, you get an idea. You get closer to his ear and whisper again. "I'll bring the needle."
You feel his body go stiff and he immediately turns to look at you with wide eyes. "You wouldn't." Satisfied with your work, you sit up and head to the bathroom, giving him a small smirk as you look back at him, stretching and yawning.

Once you were changed into your work clothes and Vincent was up, you come out of the bathroom, eager for today. Vincent was finishing buckling his belt and looked up to you, smiling in a way that sent you floating into the clouds every time without fail. He took your hand softly and both of you walked out of the house together.

✿  ✿  ✿

Vincent was barely able to find a parking spot. The lot was full, with at least 3 dozens of cars. Outside the doors, people of all ages gathered around, awaiting for the pizzeria to open. Apparently, the story of the place had brought a lot of attention. Some rumors were more realistic and logical, while some had something closer to the truth; child poltergeists that haunted the place after the murder. Luckily, not many believed that version. Either way, people wanted to see the place that came back from the ruin, and kids wanted to see their favorite robots too.

You and Vincent cut through the crowd and enter through the back door, where Boss and the gang were waiting. Everyone gave you either a nod or a small wave, but all of them smiled with enthusiasm, which you gladly returned. Boss beamed with pride as he looked at each one of you, not needing to say a word. For once, he didn't have his infamous cigar. You assumed smoking was a habit he had picked up due to stress.
He folded up his sleeve and read the time on his watch. Just as the minute hand hit twelve, marking the beginning of 9 in the morning, he opened the back door and let his employees inside. He grabbed the front door's large right handle and unlocked it, pulling it back to let the visitors pour in and scatter within the building.

✿  ✿  ✿

You were thankful Boss thought about calling all his employees to the job today. There must have been at least a hundred kids, all running around and getting in all sorts of trouble. You doubted one or two guards would've been able to handle this amount of commotion. Chris was constantly mopping the kids'. . . returned food. And all the security guards were constantly asked to exchange areas every shift.

Sadly, Boss allowed only a guard per area to make sure every inch of the pizzeria is monitored, so no luck in working right beside Vincent. But still, that didn't mean you couldn't look for him in a crowd. Not only because you were hopelessly in love with him, but you didn't want him to have another slip again and murder some children while you weren't looking.

While Mike, Scott, Jeremy and Fritz guarded the party rooms, you and Vincent had been assigned to the dinning area, prize corner and Kid's Cove, so at least you could see each other. You thanked Boss for that inside your head. Vincent, in the dinning area, was also scanning the crowd, looking for you until your eyes met, the crowd of kids and the idea of losing your job were the only things keeping you two from walking to each other. He gave you a small wave and a one-sided smile, his eyes softening when you waved back from the Kid's Cove, where Toy Foxy was being displayed.

You see a kid run at Vincent with his short legs and look up to him with big, curious eyes. "My mommy says your hair makes you look like a girl,"
Vincent was clearly offended. He kneeled down to the boy's level, and narrowed his white eyes before speaking rather calmly. "Yeah, well your face makes you look like roadkill."

You snort and cover your mouth, suppressing a laugh. The kid lolled his head to the side in confusion. "What's road-" He was grabbed by the arm by who you assumed was his mother and turned to face her.

"Paul! I told you not to run off like that!" She looked up embarrassed at Vincent. "I'm sorry for whatever he said. He invents such silly things, heh..."
Vincent slightly raised an eyebrow, not buying whatever she was saying for a second. "Of course ma'am," he lied, giving a nod to excuse her. Just as the kid and his mom were out of sight, Vincent shot you an upset glare, as if saying 'Can I kill them now?'. You smirk and shake your head slowly.

Turning back to your area, you see Toy Foxy still in one piece, but her arms had been bent awkwardly by the kiddies. You sigh and walk towards her to unbend her arms when you noticed her back. The lid was off, sitting on the floor with a dent in the center, and her bow had been stuck inside and tangled within her endoskeleton. You sigh in frustration as you do your best to constantly repair the damaged fox. In the end, it wasn't the best, but it might hold up for the day.

Just as your shift ended, you were headed to the price corner for the next one, but out of the corner of your eye, you saw three bratty-looking kids walk onto Toy Foxy's stage and start to take off all of her plastic shell, exposing her endoskeleton and undoing all your work. Some guard would have a very tough shift this time.
Just as you thought that inside your head, you hear Fritz's voice as he entered the room. "Aww, come on!" Luckily, you knew Fritz was good with animatronics, so that slightly relieved you.

✿  ✿  ✿

Four shifts later, you return to the Kid's Cove. Everything seemed to be in place, except that were Toy Foxy one stood, now laid a mangle of steel and plastic, with only her head and another endoskeleton. You sigh, knowing all the guards had given up in fixing her. You slowly approach the mess and stand beside her to begin your shift. You look down at her with half pity. "Hey... Mangle."

The shift was easier, since now, you didn't have to worry about kids undoing Mangle, and Vincent seemed to have his psychopathic tendencies under control. But now with nothing to do but watch kids, time seemed to slow down. Minutes before closing, a kid came crying to you, saying he'd lost his mommy and wanted her back. You were never too good with kids, but you gave him a piggyback ride to see if he could spot his mom. Turns out your plan worked and the kid was safe and sound.

Your watch beeped, meaning the day was finally over. You fist pump the air and cheer quietly. You search for Vincent in the emptying hall and spot him almost immediately besides the closet. He looked tired. He had never liked loud places or kids, explaining why he preferred the night shift, so combining those two and trying not to kill someone really took a toll on him.
He smiles lazily and holds your hand as you walk to the office, where Boss was giving announcements to the Fazbear Family.

"Mike," he started. "I understand you work hard and I've been considering what you asked me."
Mike's eyes widen.
"I'm moving you to the day shift," Boss declared. "But I'll need one last night shift from you. So you can stop your complaining now."
"Thank you Boss! You have no idea how happy that makes me-."
"Yeah, yeah, quit the talkin', kid. Scott, my most loyal and enduring employee. My time in this world is running out and I'm growing old. The place is yours now."

If Scott had eyes, they would be as wide as saucers. His eyebrows were raised high above his head and his phone rang loudly, startling Vincent. "I... I don't know what to say. Thank you, sir!"
"But only this one. I'm keeping the others 'till I die." He tried to seem intimidating, but you all could tell he was proud. "I specially appreciate (y/n), and I'll be forever thankful for her saving my pizzeria."

You blush at the praise and nod humbly. "Thank you Boss. It was no problem."
"I appreciate all your contributions, so to reward all of you, I'm giving y'all a raise."
The gang cheered loudly, but instead of trying to cut it out, Boss smiled. "Now get out of the place, kids! You'll need to rest up for the night shift."

That day, everything worked out fine, except for Mangle, who you decided to keep as a take apart and put back together attraction. You and Vincent head back home and sleep together, resting a few hours before the night shift.