[5] Home?

You stop at the doorstep in front of your house taking deep breaths. Maybe they're asleep...

You unlock the door and slowly open it. You walk cautiously until you reach the living room.

Your heart sank when you saw your father standing in the middle of the room. 'Oh no...' You silently think to yourself. "Dad, I-I'm so sorry I'm late! You see, I had a prob-"

"SHUT IT!" He booms as he slaps you across the face.

Your eyes  began to get filled with tears as you hold your cheek where you had just been hit.

"Dad, please! I'm just-"

"I said SHUT UP!" He yanked at your hair as he threw you into the kitchen. Hot tears streamed down your face. "I told you not to EVER be late! You're useless, see?! Can't even get that right! You'll never be any good to this world!"

He lifts his fist and hits you in the arm, causing you to stumble and fall to the floor. He kicks you in the stomach making you see red and barely be able to breathe.
He stomps away into his room, leaving you crying on the floor.

"Why me?" You whisper to yourself.

After regaining enough strength, you stood up and clumsily walked to your room, clutching your stomach. You threw on your pajamas and got into bed, covering your whole self with the blankets.

That night, like almost every night, you cried yourself to sleep.

✿✿✿

You woke up at 12 p.m., glad to see that neither of your parents were home and probably in work. Which meant they wouldn't be home for 8 hours.

You made breakfast for yourself and sat at the table, enjoying the peace of being alone.

When you finish your breakfast, you do your chores and plop on the couch to watch (f/s [favorite show]). You smile to yourself and stay there for a long time.

When you got bored of watching t.v., you went up to your room to doodle a bit. You eagerly wanted to go outside to the movies, or the park or somewhere. But if you did, your parents would yell at you for going without their permission.

Your mind blanked out but your hand continued to move on the paper, drawing without you noticing. Once you come back to Earth, you look at what you had been drawing.

It was Vincent.

"What the heck?!" You where immediately confused as of why you had drawn that.

Blinking several times, you grab the paper and begin to crumple it into a ball. You aim for the trash bin at the other side of your room and throw the paper ball across. It misses the target by 5 inches. You groan and stand to pick it from the ground, dropping it inside the bin.

You were incredibly bored. You laid on your bed and turned. Then he showed up in your mind; Vincent. 'What's wrong with me?! Why does he keep showing up in my head?!' A part of you knew why, but you refused to believe it.

You sit up on the end of your bed with your head in your hands and sigh. You kind of missed him.

He made you feel safe. He risked his life to save you, after all!

You shake your head and fall backwards into bed. Before you knew it, you fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.