15 // GET ME A FIRE EXTINGUISHER, I'M GOING TO KILL THEM BOTH

I SAW FLASHING COMING through my window and peeked out of it in curiosity. Elijah was hanging out of his window and turning a flashlight on and off. I pulled my window open and asked him what the hell he thought he was doing.

"You won't come over to listen to my vinyls anymore," he told me, "so I'm going to bring my player and records over to you."

"That's really unnecessary," I frowned.

"Oh come on," he whined. "I got a new Jimi Hendrix album that I want you to listen to."

"Fine," I sighed. He smiled and closed his window before doing stuff around his room. I left mine open because there was a nice breeze. Today was the last day of summer and Autumn was perhaps my favourite season. Mainly because it was cold, but it was a nice cold.

Elijah opened the door and dropped his player on my desk. He plugged it in as I grabbed the album he'd been talking about.

"It's called Band of Gypsies, his first album without his group the Jimi Hendrix Experience," Elijah told me. I dropped onto my bed and held the album in the air above me to look at it. Elijah held his hand out for it and I gave it to him.

He sat in my desk chair and the music started playing. I rolled onto my side so the I could watch Elijah and he'd closed his eyes and leaned back in the chair.

"What's this song called?" I asked him.

"Who Knows," he mumbled and I furrowed my eyebrows as him.

"I mean, you should probably know," I said and he opened his eyes to narrow them at me.

"That's what the song is called Dev," he told me. I couldn't help but laugh and Elijah shook his head at me. Elijah and I spent the next half an hour listening to Band of Gypsies before he suddenly turned it off.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he got up and stuck his head out of the window.

"It's Isiah," Elijah muttered and I got up from the bed to go and check it out. Jessie was sitting in her car with the window rolled down so that she could talk to Isiah.

"Get me a fire extinguisher," I ordered Elijah angrily. "I'm going to kill them both."

"Why is he getting into her car?" Elijah asked.

"We need to follow them," I snapped. Elijah didn't hesitate before racing out of my room. I was a little shocked by how easily persuaded he was, then chased after him. Elijah was a lot ahead of me and as I was running past Jessie's car, she almost reversed over me. I slammed my fist on her boot then flipped Isiah off as Elijah made it inside.

Neither Isiah or Jessie took notice of me and I was tempted to throw a rock through her window. She drove off before I could make up my mind though and Elijah reappeared with his mother's keys in his hand.

"Hurry," I told him quickly, "we don't want to lose them."

"They don't call me Bond for nothing," Elijah smirked as he attempted to slide over the hood of the car. He failed and if it were any other circumstance I would have laughed uncontrollably, but time was of the essence and Elijah didn't even take a second to play it off.

We both got into the car, he started it and then tore off down the street. Luckily for us, Jessie drove at the speed of a turtle so we caught up to them easily enough.

"Where do you think they're going?" I asked.

"Their evil lair," he answered, "along with the smell of sewage, you can find the corpses of several animals that they picked up from the side of the road."