A Knock on the Door

Draco's POV

I felt guilty about Y/n. Selfishness got the best of me and I.. what was I thinking?! I punched a wall beside my dark green and silver list bed.

I ran down to common room an headed straight to the door and dashed my way through the Great Hall. She wasn't there. I expect she didn't have her dinner after our bicker earlier. I asked Susan Bones by the Hufflepuff table, ignoring faces looking at me.

She had no idea but she knew that Y/n always found consolation in her room. So I grabbed some selection of food she would like to a plate and went to Hufflepuff dorm.

Fat Friar watched me with a questioning look as I got closer to Hufflepuff dorm. I looked away and finally arrived in front of the dorm's door. No Hufflepuff's in sight so I quickly put the plate down on the floor and knocked and hoping she would be able to hear.

I sprinted to the nearest hidden place where I could still see her and wait for her to get the food. Seconds passed and I could hear the door creaked and swung open.

She looked at the food in shock and stood still by the door. Her eyes were puffy and still red, and I supposed that I was the cause. I didn't think that she would be this affected by my behaviour...words probably..obviously.

She picked up the plate and slammed the door shut.

'At least she ate something' I thought to myself and ran back to my dorm.

My POV.

I found nobody at the door but a plate of food. Food I loved. Roasted chicken thighs with a ladle of mashed potato smothered in mushroom gravy, and a couple of beefy bratwursts, some baked beans, and strips of bacons. These would be more than enough for me to gather up some energy I lost from the tears and yelling.

I closed the door, thanked anyone who brought it to me to the thin air hoping they could hear.

Sitting down at the sofa, I eagerly ate all of them delicious food until there's nothing left. I felt satisfied and happy at the same time.

Then I thought about the plate. What should I do with the plate? I grumpily thought to give it back to the Great Hall, but then I realised that my dorm was next to the kitchen. So I walked outside and headed to the kitchen and found a house elf, and gave the plate to her.

"Thank you, the food was great!" I smile widely, half giggled.

"Why, thank you, Miss, glad you like it," the house elf smiled back, and she went back to the kitchen.

As I walked back to my dormitory, I met Fat Friar who was smiling at me, asking, "How's your dinner, Y/n? I never thought Draco Malfoy would be such a good boy, haha".

"What do you mean, Sir?"

"I meant Draco. He brought you the food, didn't he? I met him down the hallway and he was carrying a plate just like the one you gave to the house-elf, my dear," and away he glided.

I was confused. My heart was pumping like there were fireworks in it. I tried to ignore him though I couldn't stop myself from imagining why he Draco did that.