An Invitation

The two hooded men taunted me to strike them. I could just do that, easily, but I hate the thought my house being a huge mess. It could be magically restored, though. But being the perfectionist me, even though it wasn't at the right time, not a chance.

"What do you want?!" I asked the second time, and they still snickered at me. I pointed my wand at their faces, one after another. While collecting their wands from the floor and one on the sofa.

"We're here just to deliver a message", one of them said, I couldn't see their faces as they both were wearing masks. Death Eater's masks.

"What message??" I yelled, asking again.

"Narcissa Malfoy asked for you...and wanted us to take you to the Manor", the other said.

"Is that true?" I didn't believe them. Pointing my wand even closer to their faces.

"Oh, here, she gave me a note in case you didn't believe us. Easy," he said as I stepped forward to retrieve the note. I read it quickly and still watching the brutes.

(Y/n) Madden,

I was sure that you wouldn't believe the two men I sent to invite you to our house.

But they are telling the truth. I need to discuss something with you and this is a really pressing matter.

Best,

Narcissa Malfoy

I lowered my wand with hesitation. "Fine, but if I give you back your wands, you need to leave immediately. I can go to the Manor myself."

"Alright, promise, don't want to mess with the Malfoys anyways," I gave them their wands and they quickly disapparated.

Thank God, I said to myself. And right after they left, my family arrived. Oblivious to what just happened in their living room. With pints of ice cream. Narcissa Malfoy could wait.

I finished up half pint of my favorite mint chocolate chip after dinner, then I bid my parents goodnight. I faked two or three yawns before that to somehow convince them how sleepy I was. What they were aware of was I went to my bedroom, getting ready to call it a night. What they didn't, you readers knew.

I put on my usual black turtle neck sweater over my tshirt, and jeans, and denim jacket, and a pair of boots. I let my hair down to make myself even warmer. It was a cold night. And a pair of gloves too.

Just when I was about to apparate, I saw what appeared to be a black velvet jewelry box upon my pillow. I inquisitively approached it and slowly opened the box that I could see clearly now had a silver list along its edges. Once it was open, I found the most beautiful pair of small pearl earrings. Pearls were my favorite piece of jewelry. They looked simple, but they shouted elegance and grace. I  pulled a note that was slipped under the pearls. It read:

Dearest (Y/n),

I got your letter.
Thank you for letting me know that you are safe. It gives me a huge relief.
And I miss you already.

You have a nice bedroom. I'm sorry I couldn't stay long or even see you in person. I wish to give you these myself, for the love of God. But I know I just couldn't, or else I wouldn't have the strength to leave. Hope you like them and when you wear them you'd think of me.

Please know that I am also safe, (Y/n).

Thinking of you,
Draco

I tried to blink back a tear or two but there was no use.

I quickly put the earrings on and started to focus to apparate.

"Malfoy Manor, Malfoy Manor, Malfoy Manor", I whispered with ny eyes closed. And then I apparated to the blackness of the night, in front of a huge black gate, with tall bushes on both sides.

"Malfoy Manor."