A Dark Time Imminent

Sixth year came like a sign of something dark coming at all of us at Hogwarts along with the confirmed news that Voldemort had returned. Harry fought him off with Dumbledore last year and managed to get him go back off. People know he would return more menacingly.

I was still lying in my bed and staring at the ceiling thinking about how dark the time was becoming when Susan told me she was going for breakfast.

"Go ahead, Sue. I'll catch up."

I put on my black turtle neck jumper and tied my hair up to a messy bun. The short strands of my brunette hair were falling beside my ears and on my neck.

I pushed open the door gloomily and found Draco just about to knock.

"Draco? What's going on?"

"Good morning (Y/n)."

"Ay, yes, morning," I chuckled.
The day seemed less gloomy thanks to his existence.

"Want to get breakfast?"

"I'm not sure. Not really hungry now actually. But I'm on my way there regardless."

"Let's go to our tower then. Shall we?" he said excitedly.

"Uh.. Alright." with that he kissed my forehead and took my hand and led my up to Astronomy tower. And I wondered when was it became "our tower"? I chuckled on that thought.

When we got there, it was the nicest breakfast picnic setting I ever saw.
Except it was a black furry rug, which I really liked.
There were some selection of food, puddings, toasts, sausages, and 2 glasses of freshly pressed orange juice.

"Wow, Draco! This is amazing! How did you-"

I trailed off as he planted a soft kiss on my lips and I forgot everything.

"Come eat." he said, helping me with the orange juice first.

As we ate, we talked like nothing was bound to happen. We were close to tears realising our time was not much. After finishing up, we snuggled until suddenly Draco stiffened and stood up.

"I have to go", he said.

"Okay, where?"

He looked at me and helped me get up on my feet.

"Remember when I said things are not looking up for me and my family?"

I nodded. I started tearing up.

"Hey, shush, come here," he hugged me and told me he'd be alright. But the things he was required to do had him on edge.

"I need to do some unforgivable things and I don't want you to get involved. Not a bit. You have so much ahead of you. I don't. You won't have a future with me."

"But we've come so far to finally be..'us', I just don't want to lose you so fast."

"I know", he said.

We both fell silent still in each other's arms.

"I don't regret this, what we have, but now thinking about it, I'd rather stay a bullied Hufflepuff by Draco Malfoy", I snickered.

"I'm sorry, I mean it." he pressed my body closer to his.

I pulled us apart. "Just go, Draco."

He tried to kiss me but I averted. He looked down on the ground and then at my face. I looked sideways. Not daring to meet his piercing grey eyes.

"I will see you again", he said stroking my cheek and slowly left me alone. Tears streaming down my face just a second after.