24/7=Heaven

Detention wasn't so bad. I basically just had to spend four hours in a classroom with a teacher. We weren't allowed to talk, use our phones, or listen to music, so I did my homework. Jinrae hummed to herself the entire time and KyungMin doodled. Yoongi was there too for spitting on Jinrae. He slept through the whole thing.

Detention was the only punishment I got. Yoongi had previous offenses on his record, so he had detention for three more days. KyungMin and Jinrae both got suspended for three days for cyber bullying and unnecessary violence.

The dust has kind of settled for now, but I knew that KyungMin was planning revenge.

~~~~~~~~~

Another month has passed since we made first rank in the prelims. Today is the day for semifinals.

The boys and I were confident coming in being in first rank, but Jin and Namjoon kept reminding everyone that we couldn't get cocky about it, because one little mistake could easily knock us out of the top 5.

We were taking the train this time, because neither Yoongi or Namjoon wanted to pay for gas. Seoul is a good 2 1/2 hours from Busan.

Yoongi grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

"You nervous?" I asked.

"Not so much as the prelims. Honestly, the rappers aren't doing a whole lot of rapping in this song."

"Yeah," I said. "We'll have to give you guys big rapping parts in this next song."

"I never said that I minded having a small part," Yoongi replied with a smirk.

"Oh shut up," I laughed. "You guys are too talented to have small parts."

"Well, Namjoon doesn't have a small part, I guess. I mean, he's singing."

"Shh!" Namjoon perked up all of sudden. "I'm trying not to think about it."

"Namjoon, stop worrying about it!" I said. "You're a great singer."

"But that note at the end though..."

"If you can't hit that note, Jungkook will just come in early."

"Don't worry hyung, I got your back," Jungkook said. "We rehearsed it both ways, remember? It sounded fine."

"I know."

"What are you guys even worrying about?" I asked. "You guys have pulled off performances with two weeks of prep time. I don't see how you guys could do worse with a month of prep. If anything, it has to be better."

~~~~~~~~~~

The Seoul Performance Arena was about twice the size of the one in Daegu. We followed the signs posted in the hallways into the backstage area. There was a heavy musk of hairspray. All ten bands were all gathered. I spotted AOA in one corner of the room.

"Hey Jimin, there's your girlfriend," Taehyung whispered, pointing to the AOA table. I spotted short-haired Shin Jimin in the middle of the group.

"Shut up," Jimin punched Taehyung in the chest.

"Ugh, I forgot that the Kora Sisters have a band," Yoongi spat.

"There's no way they'll make it to the next round," I assured him. "They're in 8th rank."

"Hey look! There's Seventeen!" J-Hope shrieked.

I spotted them on the other side of the room. I glanced over and made eye contact with the tiny, pink haired Jihoon. 

"YOONA!" he shouted, jumping up and down and waving. I waved back. He sprinted over towards me.

Jihoon body slammed me in a hug. I smiled. 15 year old Jihoon was basically a child to me; he was so adorable.