Chapter Fourteen

"It hurts me to see her so heart broken" Jane, Mary's mother voiced her thoughts one night as she prepared to go to bed. 

"I know honey, it doesn't hurt me any less, but the letters.. they didn't stop. This had to be done" John sighed looking grim. 

"Did we really have to shift her to Ilvermorny? really? John didn't you see her face?!" 

He sighed with a frown, "I thought if she'd not know anyone there, the pranks and mischief would stop and.. and well it's tradition that all Poppins go there. I mean we did migrate from there didn't we?" 

"yes I remember, it was because of this little drift between you and Dome, at the MACUSA" she paused, "-but why send her now.. after all this time?" 

"He wouldn't harm her cause he wouldn't know her and this is for her education as they also offer an extra class for having more lady like manners" he said in an effort to convince her as she shook her head and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. When he didn't get a reply back he sighed in defeat and gave in, "You know what I'll take a refund and put her back in Hogwarts on one condition that she behaves. You win I lose happy?" he said looking over her side only to find his wife in deep sleep. 

"I don't think she heard me." he shrugged, "oh well, there's always a tomorrow" 

"Sirius sirius.. mate you gotta tell us. What the bloody hell just happened?" James bombarded his best friend with tons of questions as soon as they arrived home out of curiosity and excitement to gain new information. 

Fleamont sighed, "James.. it's not a new thing, I've told you this before it's normal for a lot of wizarding families to hide their homes between muggles. However, they only do this if a. they're fugitives or b. practice illegal stuff and want to hide from curious wizarding eyes" Fleamont looked suspiciously at Sirius who looked as though he'd pee himself that instance. 

Sirius gulped before saying, "I lied" it was so soft of a whisper that one would've never heard it if they hadn't been paying attention. 

"say What?"James exclaimed, "explain" 

Sirius sighed in defeat, "My family's always been horrible to those who didn't hold the same stupid beliefs as them that purebloods are greater than all. You know what the Blacks are known for, Bloody dark stuff. I hate it and I'm not alone. Those who've been similar to me and held such beliefs were disowned. My own cousin Andromeda! She married a Hufflepuff Muggleborn named Ted Tonks, lovely guy he is but my family was ashamed of their blood getting mixed and just to make it pure disowned her." He paused.

"I was getting the same treatment from the moment I was sorted into Gryffindor, the house they hate, They hate me. They've tortured me already, five times a day! I immediately accepted your request faked my mothers' signature and ran away. I was desperate for an escape, i told them I was going to some pureblood friends' house who held similar beliefs and she fell for it signed it and out I was. They used the unforgivable curses on me. . and and-" He couldn't continue as he started crying and James silenced him with a hug.  

"Your secrets safe with us, Don't worry. We love you and we'll never leave you got that?" 

Sirius nodded bravely before hugging him back, "Thanks a lot brother!"

Watching the boys from afar reminded Fleamont of his times at Hogwarts and it reawakened old memories and opened old wounds he's rather never open again. He faught back the tears when suddenly James emerged from the corner dressed in his pajamas, "Let them flow dad, let it all out." he said and smiled up at Fleamont who called him over and hugged him. 

"Always have a way with calming people don't you?"

Remus was all over the place packing his clothes making sure everything was perfect for his one week at James'. He was over the moon happy when his dad finally, after a lot of persuasion and puppy eyes, allowed him to stay over for a week. You wouldn't believe him if he told you a room existed below the mountains of clothes pilled around. He tripped and fell on a heap of tshirts when his dad walked in and picked him up. 

"Remus.. you're only going for a week" Lyall sighed.

"Yes daddy but I have to make sure I have everything!" Remus said eyeing the teddy bear whilst having a debate whether or not to take it. 

"Well I think you'll be fine, now better sleep or you'll be late" Remus' eyes widened and he immediately at an alarming pace threw his clothes in his cupboard and jumped on his bed before grabbing the quilts and shutting his eyes tight hoping sleep would come quick. 

Lyall chuckled and said, "Sleep well Remmie" before shutting the door.

"He really does remind you of him doesn't he?" Hope asked as she stood a little ways away leaning on her bedroom door frame as Lyall walked over and nodded before looking back at Remus' door nostalgically. 

"It'll get better don't worry. At least two of you haven't been torn apart from the four of you."

"Always the optimistic aren't you Hope?"

"Well I certainly have to live up to my name cause no one else here does" Hope smiled before closing her eyes and welcoming a nice sleep, finally at peace, even if it lasts only for a few hours. 

-

TA DA!!!!!! The big secret is finally revealed after four whole chapters!!! So what'd you all think of this chappie??

Please go check out my new books : Ripple Effect and Capturing tales!!! 

Thanks a lot!!!!

<3