Chapter Two

The constant hustle and bustle of Kings Cross was normal, but the unusual part only started once you crossed the barrier between two very different worlds. Today was September the first, an ordinary day for muggles but the start of a new adventure for young witches and wizards. Mary walked towards the wall with her parents on either side, each telling her something important or reminding her. 

"Now honey, are you sure you have everything you need?" Jane asked with a look of concern. 

Mary sighed and said, "Yes mother, for the hundredth time now. Can I go now please please pretty please??" she pleaded making those cute puppy eyes as her mum sighed and nodded. Excited the first year was about to push her trolley when a voice interrupted her action. 

"Excuse me.. do you know how I could get on the platform?" asked the strawberry blonde.

"Of course!! Follow me" said Mary excitedly and ran straight into the wall, the girl winced before looking up to find the girl missing. She gulped and mirrored her action after waving goodbye to her parents and sister. 

"Bye tuney, bye mum bye dad!!" she said as her parents smiled and her sister sneered down at her. 

She ran through and opened her eyes to find Mary beaming in front of her and the adults smiling behind her. The scarlet engine beamed proudly as it whistled and puffed out smoke. 

"What's your name?" Mary asked, "I'm Mary Poppins"

"I'm Lily, Lily Evans" the girl smiled. 

They hopped on once Mary hugged her parents goodbye. "come on Lily, I'll tell you all about Hogwarts! "

The girls vanished into the huge crowd and found themselves in an empty compartment. 

The foliage blurred as it passed them, the girls were quickly submerged into a deep conversation about the houses and their stereotypes when a knock was heard. They looked at the window to find a boy with messy black hair and rectangular frames. 

"JAMES!" Mary shrieked before launching into a hug, "Oh this is Lily, Lily this is James, he's like my fourth or fifth cousin.Come sit James" 

He walked in and threw one of his infamous smirks before winking at Lily, "hello beautiful, I see the weather likes copying you" Lily scrunched up her nose at his cockiness and looked disgusted. 

The compartment door opened yet again to reveal a pale boy with greasy locks. This time lily got up and mirrored Mary's actions. "Severus.. we'll be in the same year!! I'm so excited!!!" 

The boy merely nodded before leaving despite Lily's multiple protests, she gave up and huffed before sitting down. James left after a while leaving the girls in silence before they started talking excitedly yet again, soon the train jerked into a stop and the engine let out a noise before stopping completely. 

For miles you could here the first years gasp in awe, as their eyes remained fixed on the magnificent castle above them. They floated their way over before waiting outside the great hall. Excited whispers and murmurs rang around before welcoming complete silence as they were lead in. Gasps were heard again as every eleven year old head looked around or above. The deputy headmistress called upon their names after the sorting hat song and they climbed up the stool to have a hat sit upon them and sort their lives out.

"Evans Lily" Lily bravely climbed onto the stage with a smile and was quickly, without a doubt sorted into Gryffindor. 

After a few more names came up, it was soon on the P's.. Mary got a jittery feeling at the pit of her stomach and looked towards Lily who gave a reassuring smile and a thumbs up. She felt a bit better and climbed up the podium when she heard her name. 

The hat immediately started talking inside her head and made her thoughts conscious.

"Ahhh... a Poppins is it? well your family's always been a Ravenclaw's despite all of you being descendants of Helga..I guess a change in tradition is needed and so...

HUFFLEPUFF" the hat screamed, but before she got up, the hat whispered one more time in her ears, 

"Go be a badger!"

She hopped of the stool and skipped towards the table in yellow and black before flashing a smile towards her friends. 

She wasn't sad, but not overjoyed either. She was just happy and decided that maybe the hat wanted her to become more social and have more friends and thus made this decision. Whatever the reason, Mary never doubted the hat once. She was just happy to start a new adventure! 

"Hi I'm Beth" 

"Mary, let's be friends"

"definitely!"

"hey Beth.. I Beth we'll be great friends" Mary joked, and Beth seemed to get it as they both burst out laughing. 

"I TOAdlly SEA what you did there!" replied Beth sending them into another fit of laughter as they cried out tears of mirth. 

This was the start of the best friendships ever! 

-