Chapter Eighteen

The soft pitter patter of raindrops muffled the sounds of the hurried footsteps made by the sneaky Hufflepuffs as they stealthily moved across the grassy fields tiptoeing their way across the center. The first brunette held her breath as she almost reached a ball of fur and stretched her hands for a more dramatic approach as she held it out to reach for it and grab it. 

However, her moment to shine and rescue the white teddy was soon diminished as her flame blew out and darkness loomed over her, literally. A shrill scream penetrated through her thoughts and broke her out of her reverie as she looked at her best friend in alarm and widened her jaw when she saw what her best friend was pointing at.

Far on the other side of the same grassy field a group of boys was copying similar moves as they headed in a completely different direction for a completely different purpose but when they spotted danger at the same time, their expressions mirrored each other and that was quite entertaining for a by passer to watch. 

Their eyes widened in horror and jaws stuck out wide like they were trying to eat the biggest hamburger in one bite. Every nerve in their body was struck and they felt petrified despite no one casting the spell upon them. 

The moment of eerie silence lingered over the five students for a short sum of time before all hell broke loose. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" screamed Mary and Beth as Mary quickly lifted the teddy and dashed for the school as they ran like their lives depended on it, which they did. They slipped and fell and tumbled but continued nevertheless as they finally slammed into the opposite wall with the speed and force they were coming with. 

"Ow." they groaned as they touched their head before glancing outside at the werewolf, "that. was bloody close." Beth grimaced as she winced at the pain before heading towards the Hufflepuff dorms with Mary close behind her. 

"true but what I don't get is why a man as brilliant as Dumbledore keep a freaking WEREWOLF INSIDE A DAMN SCHOOL" Mary whisper shouted as Beth shushed her and told her to remain quiet or they would get caught. That shut her up quickly as they trudged down the steps in silence. 

"Oh umm I don't know Last time I checked I wasn't his mom" Beth sassed

"Now is on the time Bethany" Mary glared as they reached the entrance and drummed the beat.

"JAMESSSSSS What the HELL ARE YOU DOING??!!!!!!"

"My Cloak fell off we need to stay hidden!" James exclaimed while Sirius facepalmed before dashing off towards the dorm again when a shrill piercing scream was heard.

The halted in their steps and James toppled over because of how clumsy he was and together they turned with a horrified expression.

Sirius was the first to snap out of his reverie as he ran to aid Peter who had been struck and looked morified as the back of his school jumper was pooled in his own blood. Remus removed his claw from Peters' back and Peter collapsed in Sirius' arms at once. Remus eyed Sirius menacingly in his werewolf form as he growled.

Sirius forced his trembling body to stop shaking and made eye contact with Remus before dashing off with Peters' body again. He ran for his life along with James as they nearly managed to escape Remus' trail. They panted and climbed up the stairs all the way to the hospital wing not caring about the trouble they would get into.

"MADAM POMPHREY!! QUICK!! HE NEEDS ASSISTANCE!!" Sirius bellowed in the previously quiet wing as the elderly nurse rushed out with a panicked expression. Not knowing what lie to make up, they told her half the truth.

"He was ... sleep walking"

"-too late when we found him" James continued as their voices clearly trembled but for now she let it go believing them, or at least pretending to.

The duo was scared out of their minds but like an unspoken agreement they both knew what the other was thinking when they made eye contact.

Determined blue eyes staring right into undaunted hazel orbs.

They had to save their dear friend Remus, come what may, they would find a way to save him. Together, all three of them.

No matter what, Remus wouldn't have to suffer alone, not for long.

And with that sleep came easy to the three tired adventure-seeking boys as their eyes drooped shut and a drool dripped down.

Life was surely going to get more adventurous, not only for the boys' but also the girls'. 

-