Chapter Twenty

5 years later

The Marauders and the Hufflepuff duo had formed a great alliance, in fact more than an alliance. These past five years, Mary had helped the Marauders sneak in and out and brought them the necessary ingredients and what not. 

This lead to a certain raven haired marauder fall for her and Mary paid no mind because her eyes, they were on a very special guy, one who she was willing to get expelled for just to help ease his pain. 

Remus Lupin was quite in the dark and had no idea about any of them being friends, because for the rest of the school they were as bad as enemies were to each other on a battlefield. The usual pranks and detentions and teasing was normal but what happened after curfew stayed amidst the five students. 

Today was the day it would all pay out for, they were meeting up in the Room of requirement and Mary's stomach was flipping out about a million times before she even stepped out of the common room with Beth. She'd been feeling jittery all day and Beth could clearly tell how nervous her friend was. 

"Maryyyy relax, it's not like we're giving owls today!" 

"I know... it's much worse ain't it?" to which she earned herself a face palm from Beth.

It was the last month and Owls were beginning next week! Stress was brewing upon them and there wasn't a moment to relax.

They met up with the guys and Mary gave them an encouraging nod, which shook a little and came out more nervously than it should have. They had told her the truth and despite knowing Mary stuck with them! She would never stop liking Remus just because of a tiny furry problem. 

James transformed first. His body morphed and shrunk and grew fur and horns and before you knew it there stood a magnificent stag in front of you. Everyone gasped and awed as James lifted his head and took a few proud strides. 

Next was Sirius who shrunk as well and grew a lot of black fur and within moments Mary was on the floor too giggling like crazy as Sirius licked her face and tickled her before circling around James. Both looking as majestic and adorable as ever!

Finally Peter shyly and a tad bit nervously spoke the spell and transformed into a.......rat. Well at first that confused everyone but everyone just shrugged it off and moved on to keep cooing at James and Sirius. Little did they know that it wasn't just Sirius who had a crush on Mary and little did they know that that one incident triggered a chain reaction inside Peter which would one day soon turn out into something massive that would go against them all. 

Something no one would've ever predicted, well except the prophecies.

"Oh my god guys you shouldn't have! I don't want to put you all in danger" Remus argued as they all stood outside the shrieking shack.

"Remus we're your friends and none of us are going to leave you" Mary countered and James and Sirius back her up.

After five minutes of constant losing Remus sighed in defeat before giving up and saying, "thank you everyone!!" and all that did was get everyone closer and bring them into one big group hug. 

This was just another adventure in Mary's amazing life!!! So forth went Mary's life as she lived an adventure everyday! Who knew what life had in store for her and so she made it her goal to follow her familys' footsteps and become the nanny she was destined to be. 

Just this time, with a magical twist.

-

Have fun!!

:')