Chapter Seven

"thats's enough is what it is James. We're losing our touch, those hufflepuff girls are whopping our arses-"

"We've got to get them back good this time" James said determined as a smirk crawled up his lip and the mischievous glint in his eyes were back, "We can't be going easy on them. Not any more an-"

"-and I know just the idea" Sirius gleamed before the boys' eyes met and they spoke together. 

"Paranoia" Then they burst into evil maniacal laughter together before falling to the floor in fits as Remus and Peter just stared. 

"You actually think that's gonna work?" Peter asked with wide eyes full off curiosity while Remus snorted and said, "obviously not."

"Are you doubting are skills eh..?" Sirius said looking at the boy with a scarred face.

"I don't doubt. I know." the boy smirked back. 

"Whale, I guess we'll have to prove you wrong, you'll see" James said and smirked at his pun while Sirius laughed and Peter nervously followed.

"yea, you bait we'll sea" Remus said before snorting and snuggling back under his covers as the two other boys whispered back and forth.

The next morning as the sun peaked out from behind the mountain range, the boys were up and ready for the day as the hustle and bustle had begun long since. The excitement radiating off their faces was clearly contagious as everyone who looked their way smiled, blushed or winked. 

James strutted down the corridor with Sirius on their way to the great hall when Lily passed them with an eyeroll as she looked at them and James winked, which again, earned him another eyeroll. 

"Did you see that SIRIIIII???!! she actually looked my way! Evans looked my way!!! o my god.. am I dreaming??!!! pinch me mate" he said his eyes lovestruck as he stared after her. 

"gladly" Sirius exclaimed and pinched hard, James let out a scream and ran after Sirius who sped off to the great hall screaming sorry all the way there. 

"there they come, now quick, look their way and wink then smirk mischievously-"Sirius said

"-like as if you're up to no good" James finished and the four did just that as the girls looked at them curiously before sitting, they pointed at their drinks and pretended to whisper as they silently giggled. 

"Beth don't drink that" Mary's eyes fixed on the group, "-and don't eat that either-" but it was too late as the toast was nearly in her mouth as Mary swatted it away and screamed, "BETH NOOOOO" 

By now the entire great hall stared at them in amused silence and burst out laughing afterwards turning the girls bright red as they raced out. The boys' exchanged high fives before James and Sirius said, "Phase one accomplished" 

As they sat in their charms class with the Hufflepuffs they kept shooting glances towards Mary and Beth who obviously appeared scared but masked it very well. After the class ended, without letting a moment pass they dashed towards their common room in fright and planned on hiding there for the rest of the day. 

"I just know they've planned something my instincts are tingling like crazy like they're just waiting for us to put our guard down-" 

"Mary Mary Mary.. you're overthinking again. It's probably nothing-"

"but Beth, my instincts say-"

"well you're in stinks. Now shut up and head to classes befor-"

Beth didn't get to finish it as Pomona Sprout approached them and the girls gaze widened drastically as they paled.

"Now now ladies.. we do not talk in this tone and neither do we skip classes. I want you to back in your classes or I'll send in a letter to your paren-" 

"-NO! I mean.. that's not necessary professor, we'll head back now" Mary said as she quickly left with Beth following her. The third year just stared at the two and left up her dorm.

James came out from under his cloak and highfived an amused Pomona Sprout, "That was brilliant Sirius!! Bloody Fantastic!!!!" 

"Now now Mr. Potter, such words from a gentlemen" Professor sprout said as she slowly shrunk and morphed back into Sirius Black. 

They chuckled and Sirius said, "Paranoia's the best way to prank, they're always on their toes waiting for a pranks when none comes!!" he burst out into a hysterical fit of laughter. 

"I swear" James said between laughs, "now let's go put this back in Slughorn's stores" he said clutching the polyjuice potion in his hands. 

The boys entered their Transfigaration classroom quite out of breath as mcgonnagal turned into human form and gave the boys' a stern look and said, "Detention Mr. Black, Mr.Potter. My office tonight after dinner"

The boys both groaned before smirking, "totally worth it!" they said before getting back to their work. 

-

TA DA!!! inspiration is back and writers block is gone!! Hope you liked this!!! Pls do tell me how it is in the comments!!! :')