Chapter Eleven

"-but Mary in all seriousness-" her Mother, Jane was cut off by Mary giggling. 

"What's so funny?" 

Mary pursed her lips to contain her laughter and said, "n..nothing" 

Her mum sent a suspicious glance, narrowing her brown eyes, "yea so Mary in all seriousness- ITS NOT FUNNY! This is a very important issue we'd like to discuss with you!" Her mother gave her a stern look that would've competed Mcgonnagal and Mary gulped before sitting quietly in the back seat of the car. It was a long ride back home from the station and she was jumping with eagerness to meet her grandparents!

Her mother sighed before finally saying, "Your father and I, we've decided something after we received Professor Sprouts last letter about your pranks, honey why don't you tell her?" She said from over the steering wheel as her dad sat in the passenger seat and gulped, "Now why would we want to harm the amazing father-daughter relationship?"

"She'll be more accepting-"

"Well you're more straight forward at it-"

"I can't do this.."

"Oh my merlin" Mary said placing a hand on her head, "Could one of you just hurry up and spit it out"

They eyed each other nervously before speaking together at a rapid pace as Mary just stared blankly at the duo as they turned their heads to face her. 

"a bit slower next time please" Mary deadpanned. 

Sirius grumpily held onto his fathers' hand as his mother apparated off with his ten year old snobbish brother. He hated his family, at first they treated him horribly only at home but as soon as he got sorted into Gryffindor and his stupid, ugly, warthog faced cousin Bella wrote to his parents; they treated him worse and now embarrassed him even in public places which is why he skipped coming hope on his first Christmas and stayed at Hogwarts - his only home. 

As soon as he reached home he was greeted by the nasty pest Kreachure who blindly followed his mother and the dull, dusty house. He ran up the stairs stomping his feet loudly and threw his suitcase on the floor before angrily slamming the door shut with spell-o-tape so no one dared open it. 

He slid down the backside of the door in angry tears and wailed silently as he sobbed alone on the cold grey floor. There was a knock on his window and he quickly wept his tears before hurrying over and letting the barn owl inside. He shut the window and handed a few treats before sitting on his bed and opening the letter. 

Immediately a smile plastered his face, the letter was from James needless to say anything it brightened up the boy's mood instantaneously. 

Dear Sirius, 

So sorry to hear your mother scream, she sounds awful! You've told me they treat you awful and it's pretty stupid of me asking but ... are you okay? I should hope so cause I just reached home and asked my parents if you could come stay over, they're pretty chill but they said we should ask your parents. I told them how horrid they are but they insisted so.. Practice faking your mothers' handwriting and we'll pick you up below your house at midnight. 

My parents are going to get suspicious so please do add that you live in an area with muggles, so midnight apparition would be best suited. 

See you soon mate, 

James xx

Sirius goofily smiled up at the ceiling before rummaging in his trunk for a quill and a bottle of ink and setting to work immediately.

"Good Job Beth! We love your grades and so we've decided you can invite one friend over to your house for a couple days" Her mother said with a kind smile as they entered home. 

Beth's eyes widened drastically and her suitcase fell, "NO WAY! REaLLY??! Thanks Mum!!" she ran and hugged her mum tightly before picking up her suitcase and running up the stairs excitedly shouting out her plans as she entered her room and screamed into her pillow in happiness.

She immediately started off on a letter and was about to send her Owl, Flurry, off to Mary's house before whispering, "Please say yes Maryy.. please pleaseeee" Beth prayed with her eyes shut and fingers crossed. She suddenly did a double take when she saw a frog sitting by her window sill, she was about to shrug it off when the frog spoke and made Beth fall back on her bed. 

She quickly sent her owl off before picking up the end of her night gown and running off to her parents room in fear

She quickly sent her owl off before picking up the end of her night gown and running off to her parents room in fear. The room was silent just like the night outside her window. 

Hope Lupin had baked cookies, chocolate chip to be specific - her son's favorite, just for the special occasion of little Remus being back home. she pinched his cheeks and kissed them lightly before gushing over how thin he had become and how he didn't eat properly at Hogwarts without his mother. His father, Lyall, laughed as he watched the pre-teen go back and forth with his mother. 

"Mummmmm I'm old enough geezz don't treat me like a baby" 

"-but in all honesty look at how thin you've gotten and the scars, my my, how under nourished-" Hope went on stuffing another cookie into his mouth before saying, "I know you ate tons of chocolate cause you asked for more in every letter and you're father sent a dozen bars each time, now I can't keep chocolate away from you so did you brush?"

"Yes mum" Remus sighed, "every night" 

"good. now eat up, I'm going to send off a strong boy back to Hogwarts. oh and Lyall, could you take me to the school once"

Lyall seemed surprised at the request, "and why is that dear?"

"I need to have a word with the elves you know.. make sure they cook healthy stuff as well, they're all growing children and need their vitamins and minerals-"

Lyall laughed heartily at his wife's genuine concern, "I'm sure they're getting good food, right Remus?"

Remus rapidly nodded. 

"Okay then...I better go, take care I've got to go to a tea party, Bye Remmy" 

"Bye Mum" he said before turning to his dad who grinned like a Cheshire cat. 

"hmm.. so now you can tell me all about this little... mayhem you caused through out the year" 

Remus turned pale and gulped. 

-

Hope you liked this!!!! 

Pretty sure you all noticed, I've entered this for the Wattys2k16!!! YAYYY!!! Wish me luck! :')

Until next time, 

Adios amigos.