Chapter Thirteen

Recap : "I'll be getting my Owl for sure right?" she asked them as they read over her result.

Mary asked as she looked over making the cutest puppy eyes, her parents sighed and said, " Well.. Yes but we're not sure if you'll be needing it where you're about to go" 

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Oh My God. Have you guys still not figured out how to tell me?? This curiosity is killing me!! Just be straight and get done with it..PLEASEEEE" She pleaded desperate to get out of this confused mess. 

"Alright, we'll tell you, but we're not sure if you're supposedly going to like it" Her dad said and pursed his lips after taking a deep breath and starting. 

James was clearly bored out of his mind and couldn't wait to get his friend home! He slumped down and lay on his bed with a heavy sigh as he had just annoyed both his parents by continuously asking when they were leaving when he could clearly see it was morning and midnight was far off. 

He threw his quaffle plushie up and caught it repeatedly in deep thought. His mind was scurrying everywhere with a billion thoughts it was hard to focus on one, on average the human mind gets about 48.6 thoughts in a minute and 70 000 thoughts every day - However, it seemed James was getting way too many thoughts and most of them were about a special someone who had caught his eye... and heart most likely. 

He thought about how he was going to apply for the chaser try outs next year and hoped on becoming captain someday. He also thought about how a fiery red head had stolen his heart as soon as their eyes met, she did seem clearly annoyed at first but he had this deep gut feeling that told him she would come around, hopefully. 

"-and 10, ready or not here I come Sev" Lily grinned as she opened her eyes and started looking around the grassy fields and beautiful foliage for her best friend, or someone she thought was her best friend. She looked here and there and finally reached an old oak tree, it had many rings on the bark and so she knew it was old. 

She tiptoed and saw behind it before surprising the hidden person, "GOTCHA!" she said but was disappointed as it was just a squirrel that attracted her by moving the leaves. She looked up to where the squirrel disappeared and her eyes met his before she squealed and said, "GOTCHA!" 

"about time, I've been getting bored up here" Severus said in such a whisper like voice you'd barely hear if you weren't quite enough. Unlike Lily's vibrant and flamboyant personality, Severus completely contrasted her in a goth like appearance, dark greasy hair and a blank face. Lily twirled her red hair and was about to start hiding when a girl in brown locks called her name. 

"Coming Tuney!" she said before waving her friend goodbye and hurrying off after her sister. Severus was alone again. 

Remus sighed knowing his vacation was going to be a total bore as he'd have to suffer twice in two months. He slumped down on his bed and rested against the headboard after checking the lunar calendar. 

Two days.

Just by thinking about it, he felt tired and the fatigue was finally washing over his pale fragile body as his hands drooped to his side. Just when he was at the verge of crying out of boredom, there was a knock on his door. 

"come in" he said tiredly and his father looked at him with concern before gently smiling and sitting down on his bed. His mother came from behind and sat down with three mugs of warm Hot Chocolate. 

"now now Remus, didn't think we'd let you get bored did ya?" Lyall joked before opening up the board game, "Taken a day off fer yea"

Remus cracked a smile before laughing at that Hagrid impersonation his dad did, definitely cheered him up. He sipped his Hot Chocolate and looked at his mom who had gone back down again only to enter with chocolate chip cookies. 

[ A/N : That moment when you include your username as a refrence X'D ]

The happy family spent the entire afternoon and evening playing snakes and ladders while cherishing Hot Chocolate cookies, it was truly, one of the most happiest memories of his life. 

"Dad Dad Dad Dad Dad"

"James James James James James" 

"Dad! How much more time??!!" James asked for the umpteenth time as his dad sighed loudly. 

"You have two eyes and are fully capable of reading the clock. Now let me work I've got to finish all these folders" Fleamont said

"Can't ..you just magic them finished?" James asked curiously to which Fleamont laughed at his innocence, "If I could..I would've long been free" 

Mary's dad, John, had apparated Mary after she got the initial shock. She protested a bit saying how she had tons of friends and fun in Hogwarts but what was done was done and couldn't be changed. Mary grumpily marched up the stairs to her room and sighed calming herself down hopefully to stop the stream of angry tears. 

She heaved her rucksack on the bed and started packing, an hour later she was ready to head to Beth's house. 

"-So That's why I was crying when I got here" Mary finished telling her faithful friend as Beth stared at her and gaped with a wide jaw.

"Woah...." 

"Beth close your mouth, we're not codfish" and that sent the two into a fit of hysterics.

It was 7 pm now and they were bored of playing quidditch so they came home and were currently playing wizards' chess as Mary told her all about it.

Beth leaned forward and hugged her, somewhat soothing her best friend before pulling apart. Mary wiped at her eyes and smiled bravely before saying, "Knight to D4" Her knight moved to that space and CRASH! Beth's queen lost her head and her knight was one L away from the king. "Check Mate" she said because if her king tried to move anywhere, it would've been checked as her bishop was diagonal from it and her queen was in front of it. 

"aww man! I always lose, Always" she said before packing it up."Let's head down for dinner"  she said before the two girls scurried down her stairs.

It's time. It was 11:58 and James was super jumpy. He held onto his fathers' outstretched hand before they apparated to 12 Grimmauld place. He immediately spotted Sirius on the sidewalk opposite the line of houses and near the park but furrowed his eyebrows as he didn't see a number 12 between 11 and 13. 

"Sirius where's your hou-" 

Sirius cut him off and said, "Tell you later let's go before she figures it out"

James grabbed his Dad's attention as he held his hand and Sirius' before saying, "Let's go Dad"

They walked into an empty alleyway before apparating off to James house. 

-

What do you think Mary's parent said?