1

(Published 1/25/17)
Draco' POV:

I was walking down the long corridors of the Malfoy Manner, heading to my mother's study, and wondering why I'd been summoned. Suddenly, the skin on my left forearm began to burn, and I realized my mother had summoned the Dark Lord.
My heart began to race as I walked faster along the corridor. Finally, reaching my mother's study, I knocked three times on the door, hearing mother's voice stop talking.
"Come in Draco." She said, with the same cold, even tone father uses. I noticed she only ever used this tone with me in front of the Dark Lord. No one else.
"You called?" I asked, after bowing respectfully to Voldemort.
"Yes," she replied. "Lord Voldemort has something to ask of you."
"I can speak for myself." Said Voldemort. "Draco," he said, turning to me. "I need someone to get close to Potter. Crabbe and Goyle are far too stupid, and I have no other Death Eaters your age. You could finally clear your family's name."
Not only was I very tempted and excited to do what the Dark Lord commands, but it also meant clearing my name.
I quickly agreed. "What do you need me to do my Lord?" I asked.
He smiled down at me, "It's simple really...."

Harry's POV: (after sorting and Dumbledore's speech at Hogwarts.)

I was sitting in the common room with my arm around Ginny, talking to Ron and Hermione, who were seated across from us. They'd both had a good summer, Hermione said Crookshanks was doing fine up in the girl's dormitory.
Ginny leaned her head on my shoulder, and I rested mine on hers. We sat like that for a while, talking about how we have Potions with Professor Slughorn now, and how defense against the dark arts would be dreadful. I listened for a long while as they talked, and soon fell asleep with my head still on Ginny's, smelling her sweet sent.

~time skip - one hour~

"Harry." I heard a gentle voice call, then a shake on my shoulder.
"Hmm..?"
"Harry, you fell asleep." It was Ginny.
"Yeah mate," Ron now. "Get up."
I opened my eyes, rubbing the sleep from them, and allowed Ginny to pull me up off the chair.
Yawning, I told her and Hermione goodnight, giving Ginny a quick peck on the cheek, and headed to the boy's dorms with Ron.
When we got there, we both silently got changed and crawled into bed.
"So," said Ron, finally. "You really like Ginny don't you?"
"Yeah." I replied. "I do."
"Oh." the others were already fast asleep, leaving Ron and I to talk without interruption. Unfortunately, we'd already talked our fill before I'd fallen asleep, and now that I'd had a nap, I couldn't sleep.
I listened to Ron's snoring and thought about the next day. I had Transfiguration, Defense Against The Dart Arts, Charms, Potions... luckily, this years potions class won't be too bad. Professor Slughorn is teaching, and he seems... okay. Then again, anythings better than Snape.
And this year it wouldn't only be with the Slytherins, so I might not have to deal with Draco. But Snape would've given him a high enough grade to qualify.... no, he wouldn't take Potions this year would he?

Hey guys! Sorry the chapter is so short, but I'll try to make the others longer. I really hope your enjoying the book so far, and I will be doing a Harry Potter quiz at the end is most chapters!

Quiz time!

Q: What are all the potions on the desks the first time Harry walks into Slughorn' office? Names, and what do they do?