21: Lonely

Please have mercy on me, take it easy on my heart, even though you don't mean to hurt me, you keep tearing me apart...

Mercy by Shawn Mendes

"Finally, he's asleep," Jessa says, slumping down onto the couch beside Clay, who chuckles at his step daughter. "How's motherhood treating you, baby?" He asks her. Jessa rolls her eyes. "I love Dax, but goddamn I'm tired," She says, leaning her head against the back of the couch. Clay focused his attention on the TV, however when Jessa went totally silent, he glanced over at her, chuckling when he saw that she was passed out.

Sitting his beer down on the coffee table, he stood up and scooped Jessa up into his arms, carrying her back to her bedroom. After carefully laying her down on her bed and pulling the covers over her, he glanced down at his sleeping grandson.

Gemma was standing in the doorway watching Clay carefully. "He'll make a good patch one day," Clay says to her as they walk out of the room. Gemma closes the door behind them, leaving it open a crack. She chuckles. "I gotta get down to the clubhouse and check on Hap," Clay tells her. "Juicy says he's not too good," Gemma sighs. "Well, if my baby mama wasn't letting me see my son, I probably wouldn't be too good either," She says. Clay sighs and kisses her quickly before walking out of the house.

--

"If you want my sister back, you gotta get your shit together," Jax snaps at Happy, who was sat at the bar downing his fourth beer. Happy rolls his eyes. "I apologized to her, what more does she want?" It took all of Jax's self-control to not punch Happy right then and there. He didn't like how he was disrespecting Jessa, even though he was drunk.

--

Jessa would be lying if she said she didn't miss Happy. She missed him most when she was lying alone in her twin sized bed from when she was younger. She missed him when she was sitting with Daxton, thanking God that he wasn't old enough to understand why his Daddy wasn't around.

She'd always told herself that she wouldn't ever have kids unless it was with the right guy. And that's exactly what she'd done. Believe it or not, Jessa thought (and knew) that Happy was the guy she was meant to be with. She just had a feeling.

But that didn't stop her from questioning. Why was she supposed to be with Happy? Someone who was out getting his dick sucked while she gave birth? Someone who got a smiley face tattoo for every person he killed?

Still, Happy was a step up from Jason, that's for damn sure. Despite how violent Happy was, Jessa knew that he would never lay an *unwanted* hand on her. She knew that despite how hard he comes off, how much of a psychopath he seems to be, he loves Daxton. She knew she loved him, and some part of her knew that he loved her.

It was just a matter of getting him to admit it.

----

OMG IM SO SORRY IVE TAKEN SO LONG!
Onto the excuses!
I just moved recently, and I'm still getting settled and such so that's why it's taken me so long to update 🙄 also, I've been dealing with some shit and I've kinda been out of it, but I'm okay now!

Anywho, thanks for reading!
-Braidyn 💖