1: Charming's Princess

"Thank fucking God," Jessa sighs as she drives passed the "Welcome to Charming!" sign. Within minutes she was in front of Teller-Morrow Automotive. She parked her rented car and got out. "No fuckin' way!" She hears the thick Scottish accent of Chibs Telford yell before she was tackled in a hug. She giggles as she pulls back and presses a kiss to Chibs' cheek. "Hey Chibby!" She exclaims, wrapping her arms back around his neck. Chibs picks her up bridal style and carries her into the clubhouse. "Look who I found!" He shouts, catching everybody's attention. Tig Trager practically ran over to Jessa once Chibs had set her down and hugged her tightly. "You are not allowed to leave ever again!" He says loudly and Jessa laughs. "Okay, Tiggy," She moves over to her step-father, Clay, who wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead. "Hey, kid," He says, ruffling her hair. "Where's Jax and Ma?" Jessa asks after pulling back. "Jax's out on a run with Opie, Gemma's in the office," Clay tells her. Jessa nods and turns on her heel, walking back outside and over to the office. She walks through the door without even knocking, and Gemma looks up at her, her eyes widening when they land on her daughter. "I'll be damned," She mumbles, standing up. She wraps her arms around Jessa tightly. "Hey baby," Jessa sits down in the chair beside Gemma's desk. "You need to talk some sense into your brother," Gemma says. Jessa raises an eyebrow. "About what, exactly?" She asks. Gemma sighs and sits back in her chair. "He's talking about going Nomad," Jessa's eyes widen at her mother's words. "What?!" She exclaims. "Why?" Before Gemma could respond, Jax appears in the office. "I heard my favorite sister was here!" He shouts and Jessa laughs, standing up. "I'm your only sister, dumb dumb," She says and Jax laughs, hugging her. "Hey sis," Jessa turns her head to look at Gemma, who mouths "I'll tell you later," to her. Jessa nods and follows Jax back into the clubhouse. "Jax, can we talk? Alone?" Jessa asks Jax, who gives her a skeptical look before nodding. "Yeah," He says. We walk inside and he turns to the two guys sitting on the couch. "Hap, I gotta use your room for a minute," He tells one of them. Jax and Jessa walk into the room and sit down on the bed. "What's up?" Jax asks. Jessa sighs and looks down. "First of all, why are you wanting to go Nomad?" Jax sighs and looks away from his sister. "I don't wanna talk about that with you, Jessa," He says. Jessa rolls her eyes. "Well, you're going to," She says. "Because I think it's the stupidest idea you've ever had," Jax looks over at her and takes her hand. "I think Clay burned down Cara Cara," He says. Jessa scoffs. "Why would Clay do that?" She questions. "I mean, Lord knows he hates Cara Cara, but why would he burn it down?" Jax doesn't respond, which causes Jessa to roll her eyes once more. "Jax, by that logic, Mom is a suspect! Or me or Tara!" Jax knew Jessa was right. "You haven't been around for seven years, Jessa," He says. Jessa looks down and sighs. "I know, Jax. I'm sorry, you have to understand that I wanted to come back, but he wouldn't let me," Jax looks at Jessa wondering what the hell she meant. Jessa could see his confusion. "My husband," She says. "He's refusing to sign the divorce papers." Jax's face turns hard as he stands up abruptly. Jessa stands up as well and grips her brother's arm. "Jax, he's gonna know I came back here," She says, shaking her head. "What does he look like?" Jax questions. Jessa shakes her head. "Jax, I don't want you getting in trouble trying to protect me," Jax shakes his head. "Jessa, tell me his name and what he looks like," He orders. Jessa sighs, but tells him what he wanted to know. "I'm gonna get Chibs and Tig and we're gonna handle this," Jessa follows Jax out of the room. "Jax, we don't know if he's gonna come here or not!" She exclaims, catching the attention of everyone in the clubhouse. "That's why Chibs, Tig and I are gonna take a little trip up to Oregon and stop this guy before he can pass the Oregon-California border," Jax tells her. "Besides, you think I didn't notice the bruises on your arms?" Jessa looks down and licks her lips. "Thank you, Jax," She says quietly. Jax nods and pulls her into him, kissing the top of her head. "Anything for my baby sister,"

Jax walked over to where Clay sat, drinking a beer. "We need to talk," He says. Clay raises an eyebrow at his step-son. "What about?" He questions. Jax looks around, making sure nobody was listening. "Jessa's asshole husband has been beating her," He says quietly. Clay's hands balled into fists as he stood up. "What?" He questions, looking at Jessa, who was now playing pool with Tig. "Her arms are covered in bruises, and God only knows how many more are scattered on her body," Jax says. Clay takes a breath. "Get Tig, Chibs and Happy and head up to Oregon. I don't care what you do, as long as it doesn't fall back on the club and it keeps Jessa safe," He says. Jax nods and walks over to Chibs and Happy. "You guys and Tig are coming with me up to Oregon," He says. Chibs raises an eyebrow. "What for, brother?" He questions. "Jessa's husband needs to learn how we deal with wife-beaters," He says. Happy stands up and glances over at Jessa. He didn't know her personally, he had never even seen or heard about her until today, but for some reason, learning that a man was hurting her made his blood boil. "When are we leaving?" He questions. Happy could tell that both Jax and Chibs were beyond pissed about Jessa's husband. "Right now," Jax says, answering Happy's question. Jax then walks over to Tig and Jessa and tells Tig what was going on. Tig wanted to talk to Jessa about Jason, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he decided that that conversation could wait until they got back. 

Jessa went and sat down at the bar with Half-Sack. "What's wrong?" He asks her as he hands her a beer. Jessa sighs and takes a swig of the beer. "Jax, Tig, Chibs and Happy are going after my ex," She says. Half-Sack raises an eyebrow and leans against the bar. "Why, exactly?" He questions. Jessa sighs again and rolls her sleeves up to show him her arms. Half-Sack's eyes widen. "Shit, Jess, I'm sorry," He says, running his hand over his mouth. Jessa shrugs her shoulders. "What's done is done, I guess," She says, rolling her sleeves back down. "Besides, the guys are taking care of it,"