5: Giving In

**NOT EDITED**

"Hap's gonna stay with you today, Jess," Jax tells Jessa as he walks into her bedroom. Nodding, Jessa finishes lacing up her black combat boots before standing up. "Let me guess, I have to stay at the clubhouse with him then," She says as she follows Jax out of her room and out to his bike. She takes the helmet he hands her and fastens it onto her head. "That's about right," Jax says, climbing onto his bike. Jessa climbs on behind him and wraps her arms around his torso. "Hold on!" Jax calls as his bike roars to life and they start heading towards the clubhouse.

"Thanks for staying with her, Hap," Jax says to Happy, clapping him on the back. Happy simply shrugs his shoulders. "No problem, brother," Jessa watched Jax leave with Opie from the couch, barely noticing when Happy had come over and sat down next to her. "None of us are gonna let that asshole touch you," He tells her. Jessa lets out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding in and she nods her head. "Yeah, I know," She says. "That doesn't stop me from being scared," She turns her head to look at him, surprised to find him already looking at her. Their eyes locked and Jessa could feel herself gravitating towards him. They were both leaning in, their lips not even centimeters apart before they finally collided. Jessa wrapped her arms around his neck as his snaked around her waist and pulled her closer. A few moments passed before Jessa pulled back and sucked in a breath "Can we go hang out in your room?" She asks. "I don't feel like dealing with people right now," Wordlessly, Happy stands up and holds his hand out to Jessa, who immediately takes it and is pulled up from the couch. She follows Happy back to his room and sits down on the bed. "You don't have to stay so far away from me," She says, chuckling. Happy smirks and sits down beside her on the bed, their thighs touching. Without any thought, she moved so that she was sitting on his lap, straddling him, with her arms back around his neck. He connected their lips and rested his hands on her hips, dragging his tongue across her bottom lip, practically begging for entrance. He slipped his tongue into her mouth and they began battling for dominance, him obviously winning. Jessa could tell Happy was refraining himself from taking things further, something that both surprised and disappointed her. On one hand, she wanted to take things further with Happy, even if it never lead to a full-on relationship, he seemed like he'd be a good fuck. Happy was first to pull back this time, but he kept his hands rested on her hips. He could honestly say that Jessa was the first woman in a long time that he was actually catching feelings for.

And it scared the shit out of him.

~Later That Day~

Happy had to go back up to Tacoma that afternoon, which left Jessa feeling lonely and lethargic as she trudged around the clubhouse looking for something to entertain herself with. "Aye, what's wrong, lass?" Chibs asks her as she sits down beside him on the couch. "I'm just so damn bored," She says dramatically, causing Chibs to chuckle. "Hap's not here to entertain you anymore?" Jessa playfully punches his shoulder. "Oh, shut up," She grumbles, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is Jax mad?" She asks Chibs after a few seconds of silence. "Jax doesn't know, lucky for you," He responds, nudging her shoulder. Jessa throws her head back and sighs. "He's gonna kick my ass when he finds out I kissed Hap," She says. "And then he's not gonna let me stay with Happy again,"

---

Happy sat in a sleazy bar in Tacoma, downing his second beer, as his thoughts were consumed by Charming's Princess. He didn't know what it was Jessa was doing to him, and he wanted to hate whatever it was, but he didn't. He couldn't stop wondering what she was doing right then, if Jax had found out about what happened between them earlier, what was going to happen when he went back to Charming eventually. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't missing the feeling of her sitting on his lap, her lips on his and her hands against his chest.

---

Jessa tossed and turned in her bed, attempting to find a comfortable position, even though she was having trouble keeping her mind clear. There were so many things running through her mind, but there were only two things that continuously crept in. Jason and Happy. Her fear of Jason showing up at any given moment was overriding her awareness for her growing feelings for Happy. She was scared that if Jason found out about Happy and what happened earlier, that something would happen to Happy. Which was a ridiculous thought, considering Happy's nickname was literally "The Tacoma Killa".

Happy had managed to get Jessa's mind off of her crazed husband for a little while earlier. So the thought of anything happening to Happy scared her shitless. But again, she knew in the back of her mind that if it ever came to a one-on-one fight between Happy and Jason, it was obvious who would win.

And then Happy would get another smiley face tattoo.

_________________________________

This chapter is hella short and is basically just a filler.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

XOXO,
Braidyn