28: Flashbacks

TRIGGER WARNING: THERE IS A RAPE SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER!

June 12, 1999

"Jessa Teller!" Loud applause erupted inside the gymnasium of Charming High School as eighteen year old Jessa crossed the stage and received her diploma. The excited cheers of the Sons in the very back was 90% of the sound. Jessa smiled brightly and got off the stage, returning to her seat.

After the ceremony, Jessa was greeted by Jacob Hale, who had graduated just a couple years before her. She smiled at him. "Hi, Jake!" She says excitedly. "Hey, Jess," Jacob says to her. "I was wondering if I could talk to you for a minute?" Jessa glances back at her family, particularly Jax, Gemma and Clay. She brought her attention back to Jacob and nodded her head, simply saying "Sure,"

She and Jacob wandered away where no one would see them talking. "I was wondering if you wanted to sneak away to Vegas with me and David for the weekend?" He asks her. Jessa smiles brightly. "I'd love to!" She exclaims. "But my step dad would never let me," she looks down and sighs. Jacob chuckles.  "That's why I said 'sneak',"

June 13, 1999

"I'm leaving now, Ma!" Jessa calls to Gemma, who came out of the kitchen and met her daughter at the front door. "Okay, baby. Have fun. I'll see you in a couple days!" Gemma presses a kiss to Jessa's forehead before her daughter walked out the door. Unbeknownst to Gemma, Jessa climbed into the car with Jacob. "Where's David?" She questions as Jacob begins driving. "He's meeting us there," Jacob says, lying through his teeth. David didn't even know about this weekend trip to Las Vegas. Jacob just knew that Jessa would have never agreed to go unless David was going too.

The Next Day; June 14, 1999

Jacob and Jessa returned to the hotel room that night after a day of wandering around the Strip. "I've had so much fun this weekend, Jacob," Jessa says. "Thank you," Jacob simply nods in response and picks up a bottle of Jack. Jessa could clearly tell that Jacob was drunk off his ass, but she chose not to say anything out of fear of making him angry.

-Approx. One Hour Later-

Jessa had just gotten out of the shower when a very drunk Jacob walked in. He smirked when he saw she was just wrapped up in a towel and nothing else. "What the hell, Jacob?! Get out!" Jessa shouts. His smirk turned into a frown, and the next thing he did sent Jessa to the floor, clutching her cheek. She stared up at him in pure shock. "Did you just slap me?" She whispers. Jacob bends down and grips her arms so tightly that she knew there would be bruising left behind. "Jacob! Let go of me!" She shouts, thrashing around as he carried her out of the bathroom and tossed her down on one of the beds. He pinned her down before she could even try to get away. "Jacob, please stop," She pleads, attempting to push him off of her. Jacob doesn't listen, and instead rips the towel off of her body and throws it on the ground. He licks his lips, smirking as he begins undoing his belt. By now Jessa was in hysterics. She was crying and pleading with him to stop, but he just didn't listen.

-Later That Night-

Jessa managed to sneak out of the hotel room while Jacob was asleep, and she called Chibs.

"Chibs, I need you to come and pick me up," She says into the payphone. "Aye, where are ya, lass?" He asks her. When she told him she was in Vegas, he asked what she was doing there. She said she just needed to get away, and she didn't dare tell him who she was with.

It was nearly three in the morning when Chibs had finally made it to Vegas. Luckily, most places were open 24 hours, so Jessa wasn't just waiting on the street for him to get there.

She climbed onto the back of his bike, and the long ride back to Charming was completely silent.

_________________________

This chapter was very intense and difficult for me to write, but I think it turned out alright!

As I said in the previous chapter, we are approaching the end of "Ride Or Die". I'm stopping this book once we hit Chapter 30, and the I will start the sequel!