9: Mixed Feelings

"There you are!" Jax says when he sees Jessa and Happy walking towards him. "I was about to send a damn search party for you!" Jessa throws Happy a joking 'told-you-so' look. "Hap was helping me deal with some... Stuff," She says to her brother, who rolls his eyes. "Oh, I'm sure he was," Jessa chuckles and playfully punches his shoulder. "Where's mom?" Jax nods behind her and Jessa turns on her heel, coming face-to-face with Gemma. "Hey mommy," She says, giving her mother an innocent smile. "You are in so much trouble!" Jessa rolls her eyes. "Mom, I'm fine. See? No bruises or anything," She says, twirling around. "Oh yeah? Then what's that on your neck?" Jax inserts, smirking. Jessa flips him off and covers the hickey Happy left with her hair. "Jessa Danielle Teller! I was worried sick! I had to idea where you were last night!" Gemma exclaims. Jessa couldn't help but laugh at her mother. "I'm sorry, mom. I'll be sure to call next time I decide to spend the night with a friend," It was then that Gemma broke her pissed off mom act and laughed at her daughter. "Come on, I want you to tell me what happened last night," She wraps an arm around her daughter's shoulders and they walk outside and over to the office. "You slept with Happy," Gemma says, giving her daughter a knowing smirk. Jessa chuckles and nods her head. "Yeah, I did," She says. "But don't worry, I've been told how he is, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything," Gemma let out a sigh of relief at Jessa's words. She was glad that Jessa was having fun with Happy, she just didn't want to see her daughter hurt after the events that had just transpired.

-Later That Day-

"I swear to Christ, if he hurts her..." Tig says to Chibs as they sat at the bar, both of them eyeing Happy and Jessa. "Jessa's a big girl, Tig. She knows what she's doing," Chibs says, taking a swig of his beer. "I know, it's just in my head she's still JT's little girl," Tig says back. Chibs chuckles. "She is still JT's little girl, she's just an adult now," Tig opened his mouth to respond but was cut off when Jessa walked up and stepped between them. "What are you two talking about?" She asks, thanking Half-Sack for the beer he handed her. "Oh, nothing, lass, just club shit," Chibs says. Jessa rolls her eyes. "Yeah, well, do you know where my mom is? I'm ready to leave," Chibs and Tig both shrug their shoulders. "No idea, darlin'," Tig says. "You want me to take you home?" Jessa nods and finishes her beer before she and Tig stood up to leave. "See you tomorrow, Chibby!" Jessa calls to Chibs as they walk out. The two of them walk over to Tig's bike and climb on. Tig wanted to badly to talk to Jessa about Happy, to make sure she knew exactly what she was getting into with him, but in the back of his mind he knew it really wasn't any of his business. But he also knew that if JT knew that Jessa was involved with a guy like Happy, despite all of the hypocrisy, he would lecture her until she ran out of the house and down to Tig's house, which is what she did quite a lot during her teenage years. What Tig didn't know was that he was more of a father to Jessa than her own step-father. Sure, Jessa loved Clay, and Clay loved Jessa and Jax like they are his own, but he's not their father. He's not JT.

"Hey, Tiggy?" Jessa's quiet voice snapped Tig out of his thoughts. He spun around on his bike to face her. "Yeah, darlin'?" Jessa looked at him with her big brown eyes, that were his largest weakness. "Can I stay at your house tonight?" Tig raises an eyebrow at her. "Of course you can," He says. "But can I ask why?" Jessa simply shrugs her shoulders. "I don't wanna deal with Gemma and Clay lecturing me about Happy," She says. Tig gives her a small, understanding smile and turns back around, his bike roaring to life as he pulled out of the TM parking lot.

______________________________________________________________________

This chapter is EXTREMELY short and for that I sincerely apologize! I felt really bad for not updating for a while, but this chapter has actually been in the works since about June 27th, I just have been getting busy with life (like a shit ton of drama, how fun) and stuff and I've been slowly adding to it.

But anyway, thank you so much for reading and voting!

XOXO,
Braidyn <3