Chapter 36

Dylan

"I appreciate you all being here," I said to Nate, Dave, Allan, and Joaquin.

They all nodded.

"I nearly lost it when Katherine saw the pictures of what that sick bastard has done."

"We traced so far back to everyone she might have come in contact with and its like looking for a needle in a haystack. We need to narrow it down. I contacted Chief Cain and asked him for help. He'll get back to me as soon as I can."

I nodded. "I need you guys here. I really do... I can't..." I trailed off as emotions choked me.

Nate squeezed my shoulder. "We're not going anywhere," he assured me.

I nodded my thanks.

"Where is she now?" Dave asked.

"She's upstairs, sleeping. She's been up all night. She couldn't sleep. Then when she does, she wakes up screaming. I finally convinced her to take one of her sleeping pills to help her get some rest," I said.

He nodded. "We're gonna get this son of a bitch," Dave said.

"I know."

Pedro

I smirked. I knew those morons will make a mistake sometime soon.

The bitch will lead me to Katya. Katya will do anything for the people she loves.

I looked at her friend with those two morons as a plan hatched in my head.

I smiled, before looking at Katya's photo.

We'll be together soon.

You're mine.

Only mine.

Katherine

I covered my mouth with my hands, as I listened to Dylan talking to Nate outside.

I woke up and found the bed next to me empty so I decided to head downstairs.

I heard Nate's voice first and then Dylan.

"I love her so much," Dylan said, his voice cracking with so much emotion, I felt my own eyes well up with tears. "And I want to be strong for her, but I'm so fucking scared," he broke down in tears.

My knees buckled as I felt his pain and tears rolled down my cheeks.

"This is serious, Nate. He's dangerous. Unpredictable and he's ten fucking steps ahead of us. We don't know who he is. Where he is. We don't now anything about him and that terrifies me.  I feel like if I close my eyes or take my eyes off of her, even for just a second, I'm gonna lose her."

I struggled to keep quiet as sobs erupted from my throat.

"Trust me, Dyl. I know exactly how you feel. I've been there with Lia, and I can't even tell you how many times I prayed. I didn't care if got hurt or died, all I cared about was Lia.  I knew I'd die if I lost her. I called to god, to all the angels, to all the saints and begged them... begged them to keep her safe. It's not easy, but Dyl, all we have is faith. Hold onto that."

My tears was continuously rolling down my cheeks.

"Promise me something Nate," Dylan said.

"Anything," Nate responded without a moment's hesitation.

"Whatever happens; if by some reason that sick fuck gets to us, there's no other choice, but to keep her safe," I said. "Her," I added firmly. "If it comes to and I get behind, you take her and get her out," he said.