Chapter 11

Katherine

"I hope you had a great time," Dylan said as we stopped in front of my door.

"I did," I said.

"Good," he smiled.

"I'll call you for the taste test. Sometime next week if you're schedule is free, maybe we can schedule it."

"Okay," he nodded. "But don't think I'm going to wait a week to see you again," he said.

I swallowed nervously.

"Come with me on Sunday," he said.

I frowned. "To dinner with your family?"

He nodded.

"But..."

"Please?"

This is it. This is my chance to see Lia. Maybe even talk to her and tell her the truth so this thing with Dylan can stop and I can forget about whatever this is I feel.

But, surely, I couldn't simply blurt out who I am?

"Katherine, will you please come with me to dinner with my family."

Damn it. He's asking in that sweet, sexy, masculine voice of his.

I guess I can go and see and find my timing, then maybe I can talk to Lia.

I nodded. "Okay," I said, before I change my mind.

His smile was blinding. "Great. I'll pick you up at 6?"

"Okay," I said again.

I waited for him to say something, but he didn't.

"Well, goodnight. Thanks again," I said.

"Red," he said, stopping me from turning my key.

Don't look at him!

Don't look at him!

I looked at him.

Don't kiss him!

Don't kiss him!

He cupped my face and kissed me.

I kissed him back.

But then the door burst open making us pull apart.

"Sorry!" Jas exclaimed. "Please continue," she said, closing the door.

I turned back to Dylan, only to find him struggling to contain his laughter.

"Sorry. That was Jasmine, my best friend and roommate."

"That's okay. Listen..." He started to say.

"Dylan, look we had a deal. And what happened... Let's just forget about that kiss. I meant my conditions and they still stand and this can't happen again," I said. "I know that this afternoon may have given you a wrong impression, but just considered that a momentary lapse in judgement. It won't happen again."

I know I'm throwing him mixed signals, specially with what happened this afternoon during our picnic, but I have to keep fighting this. I can't give in.

Hurt crossed his expression, and it shamed and hurt me to know I've hurt him.

But this is for the best.