Chapter 7

Dylan

"The party will be held here," I said as I opened the double doors, leading to a private hall.

She looked around the room with appreciation.

"This is great. Do you mind if I look walk around?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Go ahead."

"Can you tell me about how this room is going to be decorated?"

"Well as far as I know, they will be decorating the place with my mom's favourite flowers. Black, white, and silver balloons. It's going to be simple, but classy and elegant," I said.

She nodded.

"I heard my favourite nephew is here," a familiar voice said.

I turned around and found my Uncle Luke walking towards us.

I moved to meet him. "Hey, uncle Luke."

"How are you doing?" He asked with a hug.

"I'm good," I said.

"And who is this beautiful lady?"

I snickered. "This is Miss Katherine West. She's the caterer I hired for mom's birthday."

"Miss West, it's a pleasure to meet you," he said.

Katherine flushed red. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Henderson. I've heard a lot of good things about you and your wife. Your whole entire family actually," Katherine said.

Uncle Luke smiled. "Don't believe everything you read on the tabloids," he joked.

Katherine smiled. "They're all good things, Mr. Henderson."

"Please. Call me Luke," he said.

Katherine's blush deepened.

My Uncle smiled warmly at her.

He looked at me and a silent conversation passed between us.

I bit back a chuckle. I never could hide anything from my family.

"Have lunch at the restaurant upstairs if you'd like, after showing her around. I've asked them to prepare anything you'd like. Hilary is there, Dyl."

"Thanks Uncle Luke," I said.

"Any time," he said. "By the way. Your Uncle Ethan's wondering if you're still picking up Faith from the airport on Saturday."

"Yup. I talked to her already."

"That girl is stubborn. We've been telling her to use the jet, but she insists on travelling coach. According to her, and I quote, "I refuse to travel like a spoils princess. I'm there for a program outreach and help feed the children and their families not a vacation. Even Erik couldn't convince his stubborn wife, had to ask us for help, as if she would listen to us." My Uncle shook his head in exasperation. But I could see the pride he has for my cousin. To be honest, we do come from money, but we still value the hard work that needs to be done in order to earn that money. We're not like other rich spoiled kids who couldn't careless about anything but themselves. Thank god for that.

"Anyways, I'll leave you two. I just dropped by to say hi," he said.

"Got a meeting?" I asked.

"Yes. With the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on," he said with a grin.

I chuckled. "Does Aunt Liv know about this?" I teased.