Chapter 35

Dylan

I carried Katherine's sleeping form to our room.

I decided to take her to my rest house. One no one knows I own. I come here when I need to be alone. To think. Even my family doesn't know this place exists.

I laid Katherine gently on the bed, and turned the bathroom lights on. I know that she has slowly been trying to sleep with the lights off, but knowing I will not be laying beside her just yet, I didn't feel comfortable leaving her in a dark room, just in case she wakes up.

I need to talk to the security team and work out the details of what we need to do.

Nate, Jake, Allan, Dave, and Joaquin should be here within a couple of days to bring us up-to-date. The police can't do shit right. They have no fucking leads and I'm not going to sit around and wait for that fucker to hurt Katherine.

Apparently, the package sent to our home contained the head of a woman he most likely murdered and pictures of her dead body before he proceeded to cut the head off. Just thinking about it made my stomach churn.

This man is fucking dangerous. Nate and his team knows what to do. They have connections that runs deeper than the LAPD, the FBI, they know people. They're calling in a favour to catch this fucker.

I changed into a more comfortable clothes before heading back downstairs for a debriefing.

I kissed Katherine at the top of her head, before beading out the door, closing it silently behind me.

Pedro

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

If you all think you can take her away from me, then you're fucking fools!

I found her once. I'll fucking find her again. And when I do, that fucking Anastasi will suffer a long and painful death. If they thought what I did with the fucking slut, Lacey was monstrous, I snickered. They haven't seen nothing yet

Dylan Anastasi will fucking die. I'll make him fucking suffer for stealing my woman.

Dylan

"The police wants to know where you are," Nate said.

"That's not happening. All they need to know is that she's safe and all they need to fucking do, is find that fucking animal," I growled on the phone.

"I told them as such. I'll be there tomorrow. I just need to make sure everything is good here, before I leave."

"How is everybody?" I asked.

"They're leaving on the jet to stay with your grandparents. Lia wants to stay with me and right now she's upset with me, because I'm not budging. I need her and our kids to be safe."

"I still have to talk to Katherine about possibly leaving as well. At least until this man is found."

"You can't do that Dyl."

"What? Why the hell not?"

"You'll just anger him and he'll lash out and hurt more people. If that happens every single one of us will have to leave because none of us will be safe. We still don't even know who this guys is, and that gives him leverage. Everyone from Rivera's drug cartel is either dead or in prison. The Rivera's have come in contact with so many men than its difficult to narrow down the search."

"I'm going to try to talk to Katherine and see if she remembers someone who could possibly be doing this to her. But we also need to consider that maybe, this isn't someone from her past."