Chapter 12

Samantha's POV

We rush to the hospital, atleast as fast as I can go with Dan's help. We soon get there and rush back to the room. I see Phil outside the room with his head in his hands.

"Phil!" I say then run toward him. "What happened?"

"She couldn't take it. She passed out in the middle of pushing. Their giving her a sea section but they don't know how that is going to work out knowing the baby is farther down then supossed to." Phil says. I bite my lip.

"Anything else?" I ask.

"It's a high risk one of them could die." Phil says sadly. I look at him in shock.

"No." I whisper then feel the tears run down my cheek. 

"Samantha it's okay." Dan says then hugs me.

"I'v known her longer then both of you. Do you know how much it would hurt to lose her?" I ask.

"Samantha listen everyone is going to be okay? Just don't think of them dying." Dan says. I sigh.

"It's kinda hard don't you think?" I ask. Dan chuckles.

"You can't imagine." He says.

"Hey well, Ivy gave birth to a baby boy today." A nuse says. 

"Wait just A baby boy? No healthy?" Phil asks.

"I'm afriad not. His heart is about to fail sir. We we're going to ask of you would like us to do a surgry for him. It would risk his life,but it would be safer then letting him be." The nurse explains. Phil bites his lip then looks at me still in Dan's arms.

"Guys what should I do?" He asks.

"Well, I think you should. It would be more then safe then leaving him." I say. Dan nods.

"I agree." He says. Phil nods.

"Give him surgry." He says.

"Okay and what would you like to name him?" The nurse says a bit more happly.

"We were thinking Bently. Bently Michael Lester." Phil say then smiles at me. It takes a while to remember what that name comes from. It was mine and Phil's best friend when we were younger.

~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~

"Come on Samantha Bently is outside!" Phil says. I was about 4 and Phil is 16. I smile then go outside to greet our red-headed friend. He is 14. He comes and hugs me.

"Hey Samantha how are you?" He asks.

"Awesome!" I say. He laughs.

"Phil, I need to talk to you." He says. They go over so I can't hear them. Phil comes back over to me.

"Samantha, Bently is moving to Canada." Phil says nicly. I look at him weirdly.

"Where is that?" I ask.

"A really far way away. We're not going to ever see him again." Phil says.

~~~~~End Of Flashback~~~~~~~~

I never remembered what happened after that. I smile at Phil.

"I miss Bently." I say.

"I do too." Phil says. I nod then put my head back on Dan's chest. "Wait nurse." He runs over to her. "What about Ivy?"

"She's still uncouncious. That's all we can tell you." The nurse says and walks away. Phil groans then walks over to us. He walks over to the door and puts his back agenst it.

"You can tell he really loves her." I say quietly.

"He's confused about his feelings right now. Trust me I know." Dan says. 

"Remember right before we met, you always said that 12 year olds don't know anything?" i ask.

"Yeah." Dan says and chuckles. "That was before I knew you." 

"Admit it you still think like that." I say and laugh.

"Well I got a 12 year old pregnant." Dan says and laughs.

"Yeah thanks for that by the way." I say sarcasticly.

"Your quite welcome." He says. I laugh. "On a happier note, after all this is sorted out i'm going to let you learn to drive because in 2 months your getting your drivers permit."

"I wouldn't trust her to drive." Phil says.

"Phil I was 5." I say. He laughs.

"She wrecked out go-cart into a tree. I miss that go-cart." Phil says. I laugh.

"They see me rollin OH I HIT A TREE, I HIT A TREE!" I say.

"Quiet down young one." Phil says.

"Says then one who isn't married." I say.

"Oh shutup." Phil says. I laugh. The same nurse walks over to us.

"Sir, it would be best for you to leave. Come back tomorrow and we will have more information." She says. 

"Can I see my son?" Phil asks standing up. The nurse bites her lip.

"Follow me. Your friends can come along." She says. We get up and follow the nurse. We enter a room with a few newborns. She leads us back to a baby with lots and lots of wires hooked up to him. "Here is Bently Michel Lester." Phil walks up to him and smiles.

"Can I hold him?" Phil asks. She nods.

"Just be careful not to unhook any wires." She says. Phil gently reaches in and picks up Bently. He smiles.

"Feels good doesn't it?" Dan asks then puts his arm around me.

"Yeah." Phil says then chuckles. I smile at him. He kisses Bently's forehead then sits him back down. "I should get out of the way." The nurse nods and we walk out and to the car.

"Can I stay with you guys?" Phil asks.

"Yeah we have to go get the kids first." Dan says. Phil nods and gets into the car with us.