Chapter 19: Love Is A Merciless Mistress

(Christmas break just ended. Ember wakes up on Monday, the day before her Spike return to school. It's about 10 o'clock and she goes to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. After she eats her breakfast, she walks into the hallway and decides to see if Angel is awake. She pulls down the attic door and tries to walk up quietly. When she gets up the stairs, she sees him lying on his side with his back facing her. She crawls over to him to see if she can try not to startle him.)

Ember- (Whispering.) Angel? Angel? (She reaches out her hand to tap him on the shoulder. Before she can even reach him, he grabs her and pins her down on her back.) Angel. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. (He looks at her but doesn't say anything because he's actually still asleep. She tries to escape his clutches but he's too strong for her to shake him off. As she tries to get away, he starts to smell her neck, sensing her fear. As he breathes her in, he makes a noise as if he's intoxicated by her smell. She starts to worry that Angel might do something stupid and bite her. Angel inhales her even deeper and then he kisses her neck. Ember tries to ignore and stay calm but then he lets one of her hands go, his hand starts to move down to her legs and back to her head. When she thinks she might escape, he kisses her. She tries not to him off to quickly, in case he might attack her. He continues to kiss her and she starts to kiss him back. His kisses are a little bit sweeter and longer then Spikes passionate and rough kisses. Soon enough, Angel releases Embers hands but she doesn't try to leave, instead she continues kissing him. Angel starts to kiss down her body, as Ember moans a little she quickly jumps on top of Angel and wakes him up as he hits the floor.)

Angel- Ember? What are you doing? (As he grabs the back the head in slight pain.)

Ember- I was trying to wake you up but nothing was working.

Angel- I was having a dream. A really good dream. (Looking at her as he said it.)

Ember- About what? (Cute and curiously asking.)

Angel- It's nothing you need to know about. (Gently pushing her off as he sits up.)

Ember- Oh come on. You can tell me anything, even if it's bad.

Angel- I don't know if you would like what I was dreaming about. (Hinting that the dream might have been nasty.)

Ember- Are you sure it was good dream?

Angel- Well... I liked it but I knew it was wrong.

Ember- Everyone has dreams like that Angel, you're not the only one,

Angel- But, the dream was about you and I....

Ember- What Angel?

Angel- I kissed you. (He looks at her and she smiles and laughs happily.) Wasn't exactly my first choice to dream about but, it felt so real and we were right here and... was it really a dream? (Looking at her with confusion and reality meeting together.)

Ember- I hate to break it to you but I'm with Spike and you could never be with me the way I am with him.

Angel- I know. I'm sorry Ember, I didn't mean for you to think anything of it.

Ember- It's okay Angel, it was only just a dream.

Angel- But that's just it Ember. It didn't feel like a dream, I smelled you, felt your warmth, and your heart racing. (She starts to feel worried and her heart starts to race again.) Just like it is now.

Ember- That doesn't mean anything. When I get worried about something or someone, my heart races. It's perfectly normal.

Angel- No, that's not it. You're not telling me something.

Ember- There's nothing to tell.

Angel- You're lying to me and I can smell it! (She tries to leave down the stairs but quickly blocks her way.)