Chapter 18: Christmas Chaos Anyone?

{Note: This was supposed to be published on Christmas day but, I did not have the time to finish it. I hope you enjoy it anyway. Happy Reading!}

(Ember, Spike, Buffy, and Angel arrive at Embers house with her mom standing on the porch looking conserned. Ember gets out of the car, as well as Buffy and Spike, leaving Angel in th car.)

Ember- Hey mom, I'm sorry I didn't call.

Tammy- Well, all I can say is... I'm so glad you're alright. (Hugging her tightly.)

Buffy- She's fine Ms. Jamison. We got into a little vampire trouble, but nothing we really couldn't handle. Nothing too crazy.

Tammy- (She lets Ember go and then jumps Buffy with a tight hug as well.) You must be Buffy! (Releasing her from the hug.) I am so glad that you're here to help Ember become a better slayer. Spike has been great and a real gentleman.

Spike- Oh Tammy, you're going to make me blush. (Sweet tone)

Tammy- Oh Spike, you know what a help you've been. It's been so nice having a man in the house.

Buffy- Wow. I'm actually surprised.

Spike- You shouldn't be, I got along with your mum splendidly with no problems.

Tammy- See? That's why I like him so much, he's really honest and sweet.

Buffy- (Sarcastically) Oh yeah. I would recommend him as a babysitter.

Tammy- Actually. He watched my friends kids before when Ember went training with Giles a few months ago.

Spike- Yeah, those little tykes were so sweet. I didn't want to let them go when the folks came to pick them up.

Buffy- You... and kids? I feel shocked but, Spike has changed. I do believe in that.

Ember- Oh crap! We forgot about Angel! Spike. Go inside the house, close all of the windows and then give me you ring.

Spike- I have to give him my ring? (Upset tone.)

Ember- Only for a few minutes at most. I have to get him out of the car before he melts and sets Giles car on fire.

Spike- Fine. But I'm still not being nice to him.

Tammy- Angel? Oh, the guy who we where talking about staying here.? Mr. tall, dark, and brooding?

Spike- Really? Mr. tall,.. dark,.. and brooding?

Ember- Well. She asked me to describe him. The longer we fight over this, Angel is turning into a microwave steamed dinner.

Spike- Right. Fine! (He stepped inside the house, took off the ring and tossed it to Ember. He walks off to Embers room and lays on her bed. Upset and pissed off.)

Ember- He's been frustrated since the city attack.

Buffy- He's tough, he'll survive.

Ember- I better go get Angel before he starts to sweat to much in there. (She runs to the car, she opens the door fast and tosses the ring at him before the sunlight make him sizzle. The minute he gits it on his finger he slowly gets out of the car and walks towards the house.)

Angel- Wow. The sunlight makes me look so pale. I need a tan.

Ember- Yeah. I know but, enjoy the sunlight while you're outside because the minute you get inside, Spike will be at you to get it back.

Angel- Well. That's just too bad for him then.

Ember- He needs it because he has to protect at any time of the day and you're only here for a while.