Chapter 11: Teachers New Pet

(Spike looks all sweaty from training with Ember and doesn't look like shes broken a sweat at all. Giles tries to laugh silently in the library but can't control himself.)

Giles- I think that's enough for today Spike. Besides, lunch is almost over and I don't think you can take anymore butt-kicking.

Spike- Butt-kicking?

Ember- More like ass whooping, pardon my language.

Spike- I was easy on you that's all.

Ember- Okay, you keep telling yourself that Spike and it will all be okay. (Giles laughs and the bell rings) Oh, we have Chemistry this hour, you'll like Mrs. Rosenberg. (Spike and Ember walk out the door before Giles can warn Spike of his new teacher.)

Spike- Where did you learn how to fight like that?

Ember- I don't really know. But after I got my new powers, demons came after me and my family so we moved. But they moved closer as well.

Spike- Wow! Your life sucks.

Ember- Hey, it doesn't suck. You suck, literally. (she laughs as they grab their books for class.)

Spike- I can't put my finger on it?

Ember- What?

Spike- Mrs. Rosenberg. That name sounds familiar.

Ember- I wouldn't know why. (Spike and Ember walk into the classroom and as Spike and Ember sit down Spike is in shock as he sits in the back and Ember sits in the front. Willow turns around looking at her papers and doesn't notice Spike right away.)

Willow- Good morning class, I'll call role in a minute. (Spike notices Willow voice right-away)

Spike- I didn't need this today.

Willow- Uh? Oh, class, we have a new student and he's an exchange student from England. William Pratt.

Spike- (Hiding his face a bit) Hi.

Willow- So, what made you come to America?

Spike- Personally, the taste for Americas soul and freedom. (He means blood and Willow knows it.)

Willow- Alright class, you know how we start with the Personality test every year. I'm going to William here and take him outside the classroom to what kind of attitude he has.

Bobby- Bye crumpet. (Spike looks at him angry and then looks at Ember and she looks confused. After they get out the door, Willow pulls out a stake and points it to his chest.)

Spike- Where the bloody hell is everyone getting these stakes?

Willow- What the hell are you doing here? Did you come to kill me or ruin my life? Wait a minute, you died. You sacrificed your life for ours how is that possible. I know it's not true, Buffy told me that your were the hero that saved us all.

Spike- Angel didn't tell you guys. That's funny, really funny.

Willow- When did you come back to life, so to speak.

Spike- About seven years ago and trust me, it wasn't fun.

Willow- Why didn't Angel tell anyone, especially Buffy?

Spike- I don't know but, could you please get your stake away from my chest.

Willow- Oh, sorry. I was worried you were going to murder my students.

Spike- That's alright, Giles did the same thing.

Willow- Why are you here exactly?

Spike- One of your students is a potential slayer and I'm here to protect her believe it or not. Angel sent me here to protect Ember and that's why I'm here.